Help -- need advice & quickly please

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
I got called into work early, 2 hours earlier than I normally go in. Normally this wouldn't be a problem because 1 of 2 things happens:

1. I can bring Chubbs to work with me (can't tonight because of who I'm working with)

2. Hubby gets home within 3 - 4 hours (not tonight because he has to stay late tonight)

So what does this mean altogether? By the time I leave & hubby gets home... Chubbs will have been in his crate for 5.5 hours, maybe 6!
Do I give Chubbs a bigger lunch than normal & earlier? Or regular lunch at regular time? Or does the feeding size change at dinner?

Our normal schedule is
Breakfast - 6:30 then potty - 7
Lunch - 12:30, potty - 1 (unless he's fallen asleep then I wait)
Dinner - 5:30, potty - 6 (again, if he's fallen asleep...)

So, what should I do???

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, I would keep him on his regular schedule as best you can, and not feed him more at lunch, just feed him his regular amount because he's going to be in his crate for a few hours longer than normal, so feeding him more it would be harder for him to hold. I would take him out for potty just before you leave for work. Or you could place him in a confined area like the bathroom and put down some puppy pads until hubby gets home, or is there somebody who could come to the house to let him out before hubby gets home?

OP
binxrexchubbs

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
Hi, I would keep him on his regular schedule as best you can, and not feed him more at lunch, just feed him his regular amount because he's going to be in his crate for a few hours longer than normal, so feeding him more it would be harder for him to hold. I would take him out for potty just before you leave for work. Or you could place him in a confined area like the bathroom and put down some puppy pads until hubby gets home, or is there somebody who could come to the house to let him out before hubby gets home?

I was definitely planning on taking him out right before I have to leave. I could confine him to the bathroom, but wouldn't put pads down as he likes to tear them apart.
No, no one to come over because of where we live. They'd need to come to my work & pick up both keys to get in. Plus, they're all busy or I'd just leave Chubbs with them. :(

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I would jut take him out right before you leave for work. Don't feed him more though because this will make him have to poop. It isn't that much longer really, I think he will be fine in his crate until one of you get home.

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
Take him out right before you leave, don't feed him extra. I had my niece come over and walk Canelo if we were gone longer than 6 hours and he stayed in his crate because he eats everything, cabinets, door jams, shoes, remotes, socks, furniture, the other dogs, me... He was a serious teether and leaving him in a room wasn't an option for us because of that.

Even out I had watch him. If it got quiet, start searching and find him, most of the time like this. He'd drop and sleep. He's about 10 weeks here.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416505839.835033.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
binxrexchubbs

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
I would jut take him out right before you leave for work. Don't feed him more though because this will make him have to poop. It isn't that much longer really, I think he will be fine in his crate until one of you get home.

Okay, thanks so much!

OP
binxrexchubbs

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
Take him out right before you leave, don't feed him extra. I had my niece come over and walk Canelo if we were gone longer than 6 hours and he stayed in his crate because he eats everything, cabinets, door jams, shoes, remotes, socks, furniture, the other dogs, me... He was a serious teether and leaving him in a room wasn't an option for us because of that.

Even out I had watch him. If it got quiet, start searching and find him, most of the time like this. He'd drop and sleep. He's about 10 weeks here.

View attachment 80747

Hahaha, he's adorable! Thanks for your input! I wish I could have someone come over but you need 2 keys to get into our place. And we don't own the main building (live in a condo). Chubbs is a serious teether as well. Thanks again. :)

Attachments

• 20140905_182200.jpg
    20140905_182200.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 134
OP
binxrexchubbs

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.

Thanks so much! :yes:

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
He's so cccuuuutttteeee!!!! I have friends in Toronto that live in a condo. A friend in the building had Seymour the bully and when I would go visit them, we would walk their Jack Russells and we would get Seymour and take him with us. Any pet parents in the building you know and trust???

OP
binxrexchubbs

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
He's so cccuuuutttteeee!!!! I have friends in Toronto that live in a condo. A friend in the building had Seymour the bully and when I would go visit them, we would walk their Jack Russells and we would get Seymour and take him with us. Any pet parents in the building you know and trust???

Thanks!!! Yes to pet parents but I'm the only one who works nights. There's only 1 couple we trust, everyone else is either coo-coo or have kids that are nervous around an excited puppy. :(

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I'm late to this, but I would just keep him on his regular schedule, and feed his last meal late, he will be fine.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
agree... just stick with the schedule and feed a little late

OP
binxrexchubbs

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] Thanks! Hubby said he was good, just very feisty... more than normal. Haha. [emoji3]

Most Reactions