What's with all the licking??

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
Chubbs licks both my & my hubby all the time. Arms, legs, clothing, face, hair... lick, lick, lick. He always has a full bowl of fresh water. Thoughts? Anyone else hear of a bully doing this? :detective2:

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Harlea will lick me for hours if i will let her. Mostly my face or hands. Some bullies are nuts when it comes to licking and others not so much. However, she will only give everyone else in the family a kiss from time to time and thats it.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
When you buy from the likker store......................:yes:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas is a licker too!! If I would let him he would lick me for hours, but it bugs me. He ESPECIALLY loves fresh out of the shower lotion on my legs. Crazy dog!! If he's not licking me, he loves to sit at the back door and just lick the glass, I have a "glaze" that I have to take a scratch pad too to clean. Weirdo!! lol

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Blue will lick for two reasons- lotion and sweat. That's it.

Wellie doesn't lick at all.

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
I can't wear shorts around the house because Goob cant resist the temptation. He licks me ALL THE TIME...hands, face, neck, legs, arms. Whenever I get off of the treadmill and stretch...there's no doubt about it...I'm in for a Goob bath. He "thanks" me for his food by licking my legs/feet for 5 minutes. I don't mind the licking except when I'm trying to exercise.

DieselsMom

Nov 18, 2014
Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel
Diesel licks anything and everything in sight. The cat, the coffee table, the door, the kids....everything. He's a licker. I draw the line at feet licking though. *shudder* no..just no.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Mine like to lick too; Finn can lick the bed sheet until there's a huge wet circle on it. I think it's a stress response, a little OCD quality to it. Sometimes i will spray some bitter apple on the lickable-object to deter him from doing it.

OP
binxrexchubbs

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
[MENTION=8859]Marine91[/MENTION] Sounds familiar
[MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] Haha!
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] Sounds familiar as well, except the glaze, haha. Although Chubbs does like to luck the slider doors.
[MENTION=7457]Blueberrys Mom[/MENTION] Yes, on the sweat. I wonder if they like the saltiness.
[MENTION=12231]Goob14[/MENTION] You can't wear shorts?!? Now that's crazy!
[MENTION=13212]DieselsMom[/MENTION] The cat? I wish these 3 would get along.

OP
binxrexchubbs

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
[MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] We've tried spraying the bitters. At first he didn't like it & now, we think he does! [emoji53] [emoji174] [emoji22]

DieselsMom

Nov 18, 2014
Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel
[MENTION=12912]binxrexchubbs[/MENTION] Yep, the cat. This poor kitten is smaller than his head and his tongue covers her entire body. Poor kitty smells like doggy spit all the time. Only cat we've ever had to give regular baths to. :p

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
oh yes, I have heard of doggies actually not minding that bitter apple stuff, [MENTION=12912]binxrexchubbs[/MENTION]! Sometimes I will say a firm "STOP!" to make Finn stop licking something. Takes a few times of course for him to get it b/c like i said, he's so OCD about it.

Finn also will lick Tate all over, as if he's bathing/grooming him. :rolleyes:

OP
binxrexchubbs

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
oh yes, I have heard of doggies actually not minding that bitter apple stuff, @binxrexchubbs! Sometimes I will say a firm "STOP!" to make Finn stop licking something. Takes a few times of course for him to get it b/c like i said, he's so OCD about it.

Finn also will lick Tate all over, as if he's bathing/grooming him. :rolleyes:

It's just so crazy how different bullies are from other breeds! :loco2:

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
Bella licks the air!!! Shes a little weird at times haha

Most Reactions