Finger sniffer

Kathy Henry

Dec 10, 2013
Aurora, IL
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Pugsley
So my 8 month old puppy, Pugsley, just started doing this strange new thing. Whenever I pet him or scratch him, he has to quickly turn and intently sniff my fingers. He'll stop me petting him just so he can sniff my fingers and then I can start petting again. He doesn't have any health issues and we groom him regularly. Any ideas why he is doing this? Is his scent on my hands just that interesting?

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
haha these babies are a little weird sometimes. :p

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Haha that's to cute, it must be. I know when my boy was that age he would try to suckle on my finger and then sniff it. Maybe they think you're going to give them something tasty.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I think that is completely normal. They are curious little guys and their sense of smell is a thousand times stronger than ours. :D

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Frank always does this. I don't know why he got in the habit but I think it is because he can't reach well to sniff himself, so whenever I pet or scratch him, it is a way that he can smell what is going on since he can't reach. And he is very clean - I just think he likes to sniff everything.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
image.jpgimage.jpg Lol, no our guys are lickers of our legs and our necks, and they will Sniff things outside, but not us.

Why do you think they have such big tongues? All the better to lick you with my Dear. Lol

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online