Jcthompson86

Nov 17, 2014
Pennsylvania
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Hey All!
I am looking to become a bulldog owner seeking some advice.

I currently work on the road and I am in and out of my van throughout the day. I was wondering if anyone has had experience traveling with a bully puppy. It wouldn't be a problem having him/her in the van with me and taking them out during the day. Does anyone have experience doing this? I welcome all advice. Thank you!

luvmybully

May 19, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
I guess a lot would depend on where you live? Bullies don't do well in really warm places, in the summer would be impossible for them to be comfortable. I'm sure you will get some really good advise on this board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
J

Jcthompson86

Nov 17, 2014
Pennsylvania
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Thank you! I live in PA but I travel around the country (driving), so my climate is always changing.

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
I live in Texas. Canelo goes everywhere with us and he does great. He does great on potty breaks. Summers are killer and I'm picky about him going with us then. I rarely leave Canelo in the car, it has to be cold and no sun. If he goes with us he rides in the back seat, he listens, loves rides, people. When Canelo was a puppy we would stop every hour so he could wee. We carry a bottle of water and a bowl so he can drink during breaks. He's stayed in hotels with us and you'd think he's a super star. Canelo loves it, good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I don't have any experience w/this… BUT I would be concerned about him overheating in the summer AND getting stolen!!! Bulldogs are big money for dog thieves, and that would make me nervous :unsure:

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
How often would you have to leave him unattended? That would be my biggest concern.

Last spring i took my daughter and bulldog to NC and he was awesome, despite the 9 hour drive taking 14 hours. :eek: The few times we needed to run inside, i left the car running with AC blasting and took the remote with me so i could lock the door. Still, I'd run to the window like every 30 seconds and check on him.

They make some fantastic travel companions, but as a lifestyle thing I'm not sure. There's a lot to consider. Next time you're on the road, maybe see how often you need to leave the van unattended, for how long, how frequently you can stop for play breaks, etc. Good luck with whatever you decide!

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Hi Cody, The AAA has a book for pet friendly travel. It is updated every year. I just recently acquired this book and have not really gone through it. One thing comes to mind though is a listing of emergency vet hospitals in the various states.

Members online

No members online now.