Eye Ulcers??

AllieCoop

Jun 8, 2014
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Allie Grace and Cooper Jax
My 10 month old Cooper is having eye issues in right eye. The vet thought he originally had conjunctivitis and gave drops. After 1 week I took him back because still not better and now was told he has an eye ulcer. He is on eye drops again and hates them. After 3 days his eye is not really looking any different. Any one have any suggestion or eye tips to share? He is such a sweet boy and I hate to see him like this. Thanks

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: to EBN!!! I'm sorry to hear Cooper is having issues w/his eye… it's very common for bullies to develop eye ulcers. MOST bullies HATE getting eye drops, but it's extremely important that you keep up w/them to heal that ulcer. Did your vet give you any drops or ointment for pain? It may be that his eye is hurting as it heals… and it takes awhile for that ulcer to heal so it may have a whitish tint to it (almost cataract looking) as it heals up. If you catch him trying to rub his eye I would suggest getting a cone so that he doesn't re-injure it again. Good luck and keep us posted!!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Is he only getting drops? Ointment "sticks" better, neo-poly-dex is a great ointment to help heal. Poor boy, ulcers are very painful and I'm sure he doesn't want you near his eye, but keep at it and it will get better.

OP
AllieCoop

AllieCoop

Jun 8, 2014
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Allie Grace and Cooper Jax
The Neo poly dex is that a prescription from the vet or can I get it over the counter?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
The Neo poly dex is that a prescription from the vet or can I get it over the counter?

It's a prescription, they may have had a reason not to use that but I would call and ask.

Members online

No members online now.