ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Well since the polar vortex is upon us, it's been rough w/Walter indoors most of the timeā€¦ I let him play w/his varsity ball outside, but I time him (about 20min tops) because he gets crazy w/that ballā€¦ Lol He has boundless energy, and w/Roxie not feeling well she is NOT interested in playing w/him right now.

I need ideas to wear him out, but at the same time keep him out of troubleā€¦ Lol He LOVES tug-of-war but honestly I can't do it for very long because it feels like my arm is going to rip off (he's a pretty strong boy now). He will fetch, but then he wants to play tug-of-war again.

If any of you have games that you play indoors w/your bullies please shareā€¦ once the hubby gets home he can wrestle w/him to wear him out. He's about to put my arms in casts at this pointā€¦ Lol :whew:

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Something we do with Castor now and then is to have him search for treats - I just put a treat in an empty cardboard box and then show it to Castor and ask him to stay and sit. While he sits and wait (this is the most difficult part for him!), I go to another room and hide the box before coming back and telling Castor to look for the treat. Even though it's not at all a game that wears him out physically, the waiting and then searching for the treasure and eventually destroying the box to get at the treat will still activate him in a good way.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Something we do with Castor now and then is to have him search for treats - I just put a treat in an empty cardboard box and then show it to Castor and ask him to stay and sit. While he sits and wait (this is the most difficult part for him!), I go to another room and hide the box before coming back and telling Castor to look for the treat. Even though it's not at all a game that wears him out physically, the waiting and then searching for the treasure and eventually destroying the box to get at the treat will still activate him in a good way.

I have some of those treat dispenser toys, I haven't used them yet but Thanks for reminding me!!! I also thought about hide & seek w/me and the kidsā€¦ Lol

Chanticocat

Sep 20, 2014
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Hank, Ta-hank and Emma
Weather isn't an issue here now,but it is in summer. We have Lulu spirint from one end of the hall to the other several times at intervals throughout the day. She also has our Bichon to wrestle with. I have had good luck with a wading pool inside filled with their regular toys and no water. They jump in and out of it grabbing things and sometimes putting them back.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Weather isn't an issue here now,but it is in summer. We have Lulu spirint from one end of the hall to the other several times at intervals throughout the day. She also has our Bichon to wrestle with. I have had good luck with a wading pool inside filled with their regular toys and no water. They jump in and out of it grabbing things and sometimes putting them back.

That is an awesome idea about the wading poolā€¦ I may do that one, Thanks!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I have some of those treat dispenser toys, I haven't used them yet but Thanks for reminding me!!! I also thought about hide & seek w/me and the kidsā€¦ Lol

that is my suggestion too... treat ball, we play keep away with banks, it is one of her favorite things to play

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
that is my suggestion too... treat ball, we play keep away with banks, it is one of her favorite things to play

I have this treat dispenser that looks like a starā€¦ it kept him busy for an hour yesterday. BOY it's going to be a long winterā€¦ :whew:

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Use a laser pointer on the floor.

Our cat used to love to play w/one of those things... I may try it!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
If you have a tread mill, try that, good exercise for him.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I have an idea... Get him a toy spigot or sprinkler head.... You already know he loves those. lol

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I have an idea... Get him a toy spigot or sprinkler head.... You already know he loves those. lol

Yeah maybe I should let him play in the laundry room sinkā€¦ Lol

- - - Updated - - -

If you have a tread mill, try that, good exercise for him.

We don't have a treadmill unfortunatelyā€¦ good idea though!!!

- - - Updated - - -

LOL!!! or take him to boot camp with you 3 times a week

OH the ladies would LOVE him at boot camp. I don't know when I can go backā€¦ this knee is giving me trouble :(

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION], I forgot about the knee, maybe he needs a little French sister, they can run themselves nuts and you can just sit back and laugh all day long with Marcus. :D

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@ddnene, I forgot about the knee, maybe he needs a little French sister, they can run themselves nuts and you can just sit back and laugh all day long with Marcus. :D

Oh dear LORD that's all I needā€¦ Lol

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.