Ideas on indoor puppy playtime?!!

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
Well since the polar vortex is upon us, it's been rough w/Walter indoors most of the time… I let him play w/his varsity ball outside, but I time him (about 20min tops) because he gets crazy w/that ball… Lol He has boundless energy, and w/Roxie not feeling well she is NOT interested in playing w/him right now.

I need ideas to wear him out, but at the same time keep him out of trouble… Lol He LOVES tug-of-war but honestly I can't do it for very long because it feels like my arm is going to rip off (he's a pretty strong boy now). He will fetch, but then he wants to play tug-of-war again.

If any of you have games that you play indoors w/your bullies please share… once the hubby gets home he can wrestle w/him to wear him out. He's about to put my arms in casts at this point… Lol :whew:

Not sure if you still need indoor game ideas but. We have several tuffy toys ( durable stuffed toys) and we tie a rope to one end and throw it across the room and we "go fishing for a bulldog." Goob will chase the toy and we will pull it towards us, sometimes trying to make it flop around. If he catches it, it turns into tug of war. When he drops it, he gets a treat. If he can't catch it, we just pull it back towards us and throw it again. It's a fun game because Goob loves to chase things and if we throw it, it won't damage anything in the house no matter what it hits.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Not sure if you still need indoor game ideas but. We have several tuffy toys ( durable stuffed toys) and we tie a rope to one end and throw it across the room and we "go fishing for a bulldog." Goob will chase the toy and we will pull it towards us, sometimes trying to make it flop around. If he catches it, it turns into tug of war. When he drops it, he gets a treat. If he can't catch it, we just pull it back towards us and throw it again. It's a fun game because Goob loves to chase things and if we throw it, it won't damage anything in the house no matter what it hits.

Sounds like a great idea!!! I'm always in need of new ideas for him, I'm home sick today and my other dog isn't feeling well. I'm tempted to rent a hotel so I can get some rest… Lol

Most Reactions