Ideas on indoor puppy playtime?!!

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
Does he like the laser? Canelo goes nuts over the laser, you can't say laser around him, you have to spell it. Thank goodness he can't spell. I'll pull the laser out and have him chase it up and down the hallway. He loves it so much I have to stop the play because he doesn't but it helps wear him down. The laser has to be put up because he has climbed over the couch and onto a table to get the laser and he destroyed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Well since the polar vortex is upon us, it's been rough w/Walter indoors most of the time… I let him play w/his varsity ball outside, but I time him (about 20min tops) because he gets crazy w/that ball… Lol He has boundless energy, and w/Roxie not feeling well she is NOT interested in playing w/him right now.

I need ideas to wear him out, but at the same time keep him out of trouble… Lol He LOVES tug-of-war but honestly I can't do it for very long because it feels like my arm is going to rip off (he's a pretty strong boy now). He will fetch, but then he wants to play tug-of-war again.

If any of you have games that you play indoors w/your bullies please share… once the hubby gets home he can wrestle w/him to wear him out. He's about to put my arms in casts at this point… Lol :whew:

I'm having the SAME issues with brutus! Yesterday, i went back to training 101 with him haha. He's like Walter and starts to bite me. I did a half hour before Brian got home from work and he was OUT the rest of the evening. We did sit, down, here, with me and our new thing is Stay. he's catching on after one day LOL. I think the mental training wears him out more than exercising does.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm having the SAME issues with brutus! Yesterday, i went back to training 101 with him haha. He's like Walter and starts to bite me. I did a half hour before Brian got home from work and he was OUT the rest of the evening. We did sit, down, here, with me and our new thing is Stay. he's catching on after one day LOL. I think the mental training wears him out more than exercising does.

I'm seriously starting to LOSE IT… Roxie has me up at 3am, and Wally is ALL DAY LONG spaz outs!!! I'm so tired this morning… :lazy2:

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm seriously starting to LOSE IT… Roxie has me up at 3am, and Wally is ALL DAY LONG spaz outs!!! I'm so tired this morning… :lazy2:

My parents have a golden retriever, sydney who is about 15. he has some serious separation anxiety issues. they have the same problem. he wakes up and prances around the house, panting, pacing every single night. They have started to walk him more in short spurts to settle him down at night. He's on xanax.

I bet you are tired. Try teaching Wally a trick or two, get that mind wore out. Brutus is so high energy, if i don't walk him or let him run with the neighbors dogs along our fence, it's a huge issue in the house and his off destroying everything in his path. Since it's cold, i can't walk them. he wears out so much easier with mentally challenging him. he's a smarty pants. he actually stayed when we worked on it yesterday. but first...go take yourself a nap :babysleep::babysleep:

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
My parents have a golden retriever, sydney who is about 15. he has some serious separation anxiety issues. they have the same problem. he wakes up and prances around the house, panting, pacing every single night. They have started to walk him more in short spurts to settle him down at night. He's on xanax.

I bet you are tired. Try teaching Wally a trick or two, get that mind wore out. Brutus is so high energy, if i don't walk him or let him run with the neighbors dogs along our fence, it's a huge issue in the house and his off destroying everything in his path. Since it's cold, i can't walk them. he wears out so much easier with mentally challenging him. he's a smarty pants. he actually stayed when we worked on it yesterday. but first...go take yourself a nap :babysleep::babysleep:

Well the vet told me to give Roxie the melatonin like Rosalie said [MENTION=9370]brutus77[/MENTION] I hope it works, because I'm so tired today… I don't think I can take another sleepless night :yell: I'm going to work on training w/Wally, and he did enjoy those treat hiding toys… those things wear him out too. NO today's fun I spent about 2 hrs w/my grandson at the mall looking for a winter coat for him. Since the freeze hit, all the 3T's were gone… we hit every single place there and the last store Belk's had one :blink: It's official… I'm CUCKOO FOR COCO PUFFS!!! :rofl:

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Well the vet told me to give Roxie the melatonin like Rosalie said @brutus77 I hope it works, because I'm so tired today… I don't think I can take another sleepless night :yell: I'm going to work on training w/Wally, and he did enjoy those treat hiding toys… those things wear him out too. NO today's fun I spent about 2 hrs w/my grandson at the mall looking for a winter coat for him. Since the freeze hit, all the 3T's were gone… we hit every single place there and the last store Belk's had one :blink: It's official… I'm CUCKOO FOR COCO PUFFS!!! :rofl:

I may have to try the melatonin with Sydney. My parents are flying out of here and going to Florida next friday and I get to keep Sydney for a week. They don't like to give him his xanax but he needs it, maybe the melatonin would be better for him.

OMG! you have had a day so far LMAO.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Put a slip n slide in the living room or hallway for him. Hook up a tennis ball to a bungie cord and tie it around a doorknob and watch hilarity ensue. Just make sure no glass is around. Lol

Sharon Mitchel

Sep 5, 2013
Port Townsend, Washington, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Charley, a 5 year old male
We just had Charley kenneled while we were out of the country. The owner suggested we get Charley a large ball to push around the house so can get some indoor exercise. He kept pushing over the water buckets there. Anyone use a large ball? If so, what kind is bullie-proof?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
The Varsity ball is absolutely "bullie proof". It costs $40. but will never die. I am pretty sure @calibaker has one.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Can the varsity ball be safely used indoors without ruining furniture? Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The varsity ball is VERY hard plastic, it would destroy hardwood floors and wood furniture. I wouldn't recommend it, unless you had a cement basement or something.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
The varsity ball is VERY hard plastic, it would destroy hardwood floors and wood furniture. I wouldn't recommend it, unless you had a cement basement or something.

AGREED... I would only do outside or an area with no wood furniture

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online