wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
as the title says I was extremely close to blowing my top today @ Petco. We are @ Petco and people are coming over and petting guinness which is no big deal @ all, in fact we love it as it gets him use to all sorts of different people and smells. Then an employee walks over and just picks up the dog without asking. Already that kinda of makes me mad. If you would have asked wouldn't be mad but don't just walk up and pick up my dog especially when I don't know who you are, but wait it gets worse. The woman tells us that she is the dog trainer at the store and asks if she can bring him in the back and clip his nails for free. not a problem and I say thank you. Moments later she comes out and tells me that I need to practice "back time" with Guinness as he was not letting her cut his nails and was squirming and nipping. Now I research my stuff and say to her yup I have researched that I know what you are talking about. She then just turns Guinness over and holds him there for about two minutes while he is screaming like a pig being slaughtered in the middle of the store. Who the fu%# do you think you are just doing that to my dog without asking. I know the technique and would have been ok with it if she had me or my gf do the back technique to watch how we do it, but to just do that to my dog!!!! How would you like it if I just walked up to your kid picked him up, flipped him over and held him by his ankles! Def will not be going to her for classes. Do you guys think that I am over reacting?

THREAT

Jan 18, 2011
Georgia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Not at all, I carry pepper spray, would of sprayed her in the eye and then flipped her over!! Seriously, I would hate for that to happen to my puppy.

candib7227

May 27, 2010
Massachusetts
Bulldog(s) Names
George
I would report her to the store, she shouldn't be a trainer, in my opinion. We take our Puppy to Petsmart, that girl is great, Knows all about Bulldog Behavior & works with it !:angry:

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I agree with the above poster - I would call the store and complain. That is totally unacceptable and the employee had no right!

Poor little Guiness, is he okay now?

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
And, how did she pick him up? Did she scoop him from behind? If she picked him up by his chest I would throw a FIT. I'd report her. Bulldogs need to be picked up with two hands. One under the bum and the other hand under the front legs. If all the pressure is being put on the chest....BAD! She basically is harassing you into joining her class. I've had Vegas inside of Petco and Petsmart many times and I've never been approached by a trainer looking for business. I would report her to the manager. You should never pick up someone elses dog. Period. Or pet them without asking.
Now I'm :angry:

[MENTION=925]wfd38383[/MENTION]

Last edited:

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
That is horrible, she calls herself a trainer? It was very rude and I would think nothing of calling and complaining. I'm surprised you didn't get the dreaded question over and over...."how cute, aren't they expensive, how much did you pay for him?" We get that a lot.

OP
wfd38383

wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
thanks guys preciate to know i am not over reacting. he is fine now. we spent $65 bucks on new toys and a new outfit for him for he is good.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Wow yup I'd be mad too, I agree with everyone else, you are not over reacting! I ask before I pet any dog let alone pick the pup up without asking! I would definitely complain!

OP
wfd38383

wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
pickin Guinness up wasn't even the worse...the fact that she held him on his back while he squeled for a minute or two wicked pissed me off...everytime i think about it I get all heated all over again

bfletch13

Community Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Jozi, Wales
Would be mad too. Jozi is like my daughter.
If someone wants to pet her thats fine. I'm
not really high on anyone picking her up.
The manager at out local Petco picks her up
every time we walk in. But thats OK she helped
me threw an accounting class in high school.

And to hold my dog down for 2minutes I would
have snapped on her. First off it wasn't asked
for, second Guinness had no idea what was going
on, third its disrespectfull to you.

I know some people don't think anything about
it when they do things like that. They think they are
helping and doing something good. But really they
are being a :poo:head and I can't stand it.

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
definitely call and complain! what an idiot, so rude to boot! I would have gone absolutely bananas.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I would complain too, otherwise you will not be her only victim!

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
I agree with everyone else. I would definitely call and complain! :angry: Poor Guinness! I don't take Belly to the pet stores yet. I don't want her catching anything. We haven't been able to give her the one shot because of her allergic reactions.

Momma2Bullet

Jan 15, 2011
NE Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullet {booboo}
i would have been livid! heck, i'm annoyed that it happened to you. it would be helpful if you notified the store so they can TRAIN HER what not to do. i'm pretty blunt myself so i can only imagine what i would done. :angry:

OP
wfd38383

wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
and another thing i forgot is when they brought him in the back to clip his nails they sprayed him with some smelly crap and now he smells like cinnamon....never even asked me if I wanted my dog sprayed...what If I didn't want it, or if he was allergic to the spray??? i appreciate them trying to be nice but dont assume i want something done especially to my child!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.