Came within 10th of a second of losing it

L

Lucy-licious

Behaviour like that is totally out of order, i would write a letter of complaint to the store manager as well as calling
I get tetchy when people pet Lucy without askin cos she's my baby,
Hope guiness is ok and this doesnt put him off gettin a pedicure in the future
Stupid woman :angry:

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Very rude about the perfume. First off, some humans are sensitive to scents and second there are people out there ( I know two) who are allergic to cinnamon.

OP
wfd38383

wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
[MENTION=770]Bella'sMom[/MENTION] yea overall i am not a happy camper

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Some kind of "trainer" she is!! I'm surprised you stood by and let her make Guinness scream. I would have taken him right away from her and told her what I thought of her "training techniques". But I'm sure you were rather stunned by her rude behavior. We don't like Petco at all. Petsmart has better prices and their groomers are great. We took Arrow, our St. Bernard to Petco and they did such a crummy job on him, we won't go back. Petsmart groomed him, it cost less and he was actually CLEAN and trimmed how and where we had asked. And the cinnamon spray was un-called-for. I'd call the mang. and let them know how displeased you are!

catorres8988

Jun 3, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike & Sparkles
yeah i would definately be PO...i would call the manager and let him know what happened. but everyone is right petsmart is wayyyy better than petco. sorry ur baby had to go through that. both my bullies are my babies and i would be very upset if someone did anything to hurt them.

OP
wfd38383

wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
[MENTION=881]Gertie's Mom[/MENTION] yea we were def kinda of stunned and taken aback by the whole thing and didn't know what to say at the time

Butterbean

Aug 14, 2010
Lawrenceville, GA
Bulldog(s) Names
Butterbean and Biscuit
You did the right thing, The first thing we teach kids and a Trainer is not to walk up to a dog and pet it! I think we need to go to Petco and trim her nails just like Guinness did.

Terry

Jan 16, 2011
Central Valley, California
Bulldog(s) Names
Bubbles
What a b#@%, I don't mind people petting my baby when they ask. But she crossed the line big time, who does she think she is? You need to complain, I don't like Petco, we go to Petsmart and Bubbles is treated like royalty.

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Wow you should complain to a manager, what nerve. LMAO at the pepper spray, good idea [MENTION=1734]THREAT[/MENTION]. :lol:

Wnstnsddy

Sep 21, 2010
Va Beach, VA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
I have not been very pleased with Petco trainers. When we first got Winston we took him to Petsmart for Puppy training. Lisa was very respectful of our dog and did not over step her boundries as a trainer. We too Winston to Petco for intermediate training because it had just been built across the street and was more convenient. However, the trainers we not very organized and did not seem to have control of their class.

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
Oh poor Guinness... those trainers can be pushy. Chester trained at PetSmart - and we kind of just walked in one day with him for his food and the girl was googling over him and saying that she had an EB too, then we just started talking about when we would start puppy classes - it was non pressure and she was very nice. I don't think anyone should pick up your dog without you asking, that's rude and inappropriate for someone who works there.

OP
wfd38383

wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
So an update....After deliberating for hours I decided to call the store and talk to a manager....usually not something I do. Anyways told the manager why I was upset and as soon as I said who the complaint was about her response was "o yea, ok" as this wasn't the first time she has heard this type of phone call. Manager said she was sorry a million times and asked what she could give me to come back to their store as a customer and I said that I don't want anything as this wasn't the reason I called. I just wanted to call to say that i was extremely disappointed and wanted to let someone know so it doesn't happen again to another dog and owner.

FridayGt

Jan 22, 2011
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Biggie
So an update....After deliberating for hours I decided to call the store and talk to a manager....usually not something I do. Anyways told the manager why I was upset and as soon as I said who the complaint was about her response was "o yea, ok" as this wasn't the first time she has heard this type of phone call. Manager said she was sorry a million times and asked what she could give me to come back to their store as a customer and I said that I don't want anything as this wasn't the reason I called. I just wanted to call to say that i was extremely disappointed and wanted to let someone know so it doesn't happen again to another dog and owner.

You handled yourself impressively and I'm both glad and sad to hear the response you received. It's great to hear that they were receptive, and although undesired, made the attempt to show that they appreciate and want to keep your business. The saddening part is that this in no way seemed a surprise to them, however she's still somehow employed there. I would imagine this to be a act that would have someone employed in that position looking for another job and it's upsetting to hear that she is still under their employ in a position to continue her innappropriate and cruel actions.

ILuvHudson

Jan 19, 2011
PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hudson
What craziness!! We always used the technique of holding Hudson on his back for discipline, and it worked well, but the reason it worked is because WE did it. Part of that is showing the dog who is in charge. Now that Hudson understands us, we sometimes put him belly up around kids so that we can establish these smaller people are in charge too.

Anyways, I'm so sorry to hear about the rudeness you experienced. No one should ever treat someone else's dog like they can do anything they want. An over reaction may have been if you punched her to the ground, then continued punching after she was knocked out. So....you're good. :lol:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online