Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Came within 10th of a second of losing it

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bear
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Came within 10th of a second of losing it

Wow you should complain to a manager, what nerve. LMAO at the pepper spray, good idea @THREAT.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

I have not been very pleased with Petco trainers. When we first got Winston we took him to Petsmart for Puppy training. Lisa was very respectful of our dog and did not over step her boundries as a trainer. We too Winston to Petco for intermediate training because it had just been built across the street and was more convenient. However, the trainers we not very organized and did not seem to have control of their class.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chester
    Likes (Received)

Oh poor Guinness... those trainers can be pushy. Chester trained at PetSmart - and we kind of just walked in one day with him for his food and the girl was googling over him and saying that she had an EB too, then we just started talking about when we would start puppy classes - it was non pressure and she was very nice. I don't think anyone should pick up your dog without you asking, that's rude and inappropriate for someone who works there.
    It's a Bully thing <3

When the bully was created, it licked the hand of God and God stroked its head, saying, "What do you want, baby bully?" It replied, "My Lord, I want to stay with you, in heaven, on a mat in front of the gate."

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Guinness
    Likes (Received)

So an update....After deliberating for hours I decided to call the store and talk to a manager....usually not something I do. Anyways told the manager why I was upset and as soon as I said who the complaint was about her response was "o yea, ok" as this wasn't the first time she has heard this type of phone call. Manager said she was sorry a million times and asked what she could give me to come back to their store as a customer and I said that I don't want anything as this wasn't the reason I called. I just wanted to call to say that i was extremely disappointed and wanted to let someone know so it doesn't happen again to another dog and owner.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Biggie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by wfd38383 View Post
    So an update....After deliberating for hours I decided to call the store and talk to a manager....usually not something I do. Anyways told the manager why I was upset and as soon as I said who the complaint was about her response was "o yea, ok" as this wasn't the first time she has heard this type of phone call. Manager said she was sorry a million times and asked what she could give me to come back to their store as a customer and I said that I don't want anything as this wasn't the reason I called. I just wanted to call to say that i was extremely disappointed and wanted to let someone know so it doesn't happen again to another dog and owner.
    You handled yourself impressively and I'm both glad and sad to hear the response you received. It's great to hear that they were receptive, and although undesired, made the attempt to show that they appreciate and want to keep your business. The saddening part is that this in no way seemed a surprise to them, however she's still somehow employed there. I would imagine this to be a act that would have someone employed in that position looking for another job and it's upsetting to hear that she is still under their employ in a position to continue her innappropriate and cruel actions.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Hudson
    Likes (Received)

What craziness!! We always used the technique of holding Hudson on his back for discipline, and it worked well, but the reason it worked is because WE did it. Part of that is showing the dog who is in charge. Now that Hudson understands us, we sometimes put him belly up around kids so that we can establish these smaller people are in charge too.

Anyways, I'm so sorry to hear about the rudeness you experienced. No one should ever treat someone else's dog like they can do anything they want. An over reaction may have been if you punched her to the ground, then continued punching after she was knocked out. So....you're good.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

Definitely you are not overreacting to this situation! There were so many wrongs on so many levels it is not even funny. No respect for you, or your baby, not even asking if he has any allergies, or if he is sick, and then forcibly holding him down while he is screaming !!!
    She really needs to be reported before she does more harm than good to another animal....there are alot of people out there who do not know any better like you do.

Sorry to hear about that and I am glad he is okay!!!!!!

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gertie & Ida
    Likes (Received)

I'm glad to hear you called and let it be known you were treated badly. My guess is, from the reaction you got, maybe she won't be there too much longer, or at least the mang. will talk to her about what she did and warn her it better not happen again. You showed great restraint when they ask what they could do to make this right? I would have said they could show her the door! Just stick with Petsmart after this! I'd have left and gone to Petsmart as soon as this happened, not given my business to Petco. We have both here, Petsmart is further away. In fact, we drive right by Petco on our way to Petsmart. Well worth it!

There is nothing nicer than two sweet Bully girls, unless it's THREE sweet Bully girls!!
    Julie, Gertie, Ida & Clementine in Az.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads