Thread: boy vs girl bulldog

Pooper scooper
    Country
    MA USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ginger(Masyanya)
    Likes (Received)

Question boy vs girl bulldog

Is there any behavioral difference? Any habits only boys/girls have? Any gender specific problems?

Thanks!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Toby
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: boy vs girl bulldog

My boy is fairly active and doesn't like to cuddle. He loves my wife more. Our second is a girl and she loves me like crazy but is super lazy. She can jump on the couch but most of the time she wants you to pick her up. She wines until you do. She is a 45 lb lap dog. They both love all people.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

Bully Bootie Duty boo boo butts mom's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    boo boo butt
    Likes (Received)

My breeder when I ask her which she prefers she said that males are sooooooooooooooo sweet and much more calm. I told her I believe females are easier and the calmer of the two lol. Actually I believe it is the owner and how they interact with the puppy. But some dogs do connect better with a female an some better to a male. My girl loves me tons but she loves everybody period.

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

My guy Bulldozer is definetely a lap dog, he's very lazy ( that's why we call him Dozey) lol, and he hates to walk. He loves to cuddle and he's a very laid back dog, he will literally let you do anything to him, and his sister bosses him around, steals his toys, and rams him all the time, and he doesn't care. My female Blossom is a Diva, the Boss and she has tons of energy, she loves to walk for hours, but we don't let her. She is a cuddler too, but on her terms, and only when she wants to, usually after she's played and ran around like crazy, or after a long walk, then she loves to cuddle, especially in the evening when we are sitting around watching TV. She will snuggle up beside you and sleep. Se definetely loves my son, and Dozer is my snuggle guy, I don't know if there is any truth to what they say, that Males bond more with female humans, and females tend to bond more with male humans, but it's more true in our case. But they also love everybody.
    I find females can be more jealous and dominate, and males are more mellow, but again every dog is different and they all have their own personalities.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Toby
    Likes (Received)

I agree vikinggirl, Toby is calm and backs down from the girls sweetly if they let him know he was too rough but Bella doesn't.

Pooper scooper
    Country
    MA USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ginger(Masyanya)
    Likes (Received)

Thank you all so much!
    what about kids? We have 3 kids, would females be more gentle with them?

our only male dog we had would jump and pee at the same time when he is happy and it drove me nuts! There would be urine everywhere every time we came home...

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

They are all different and really behavior is more in your control than theirs..... Our boy was the most laid back sweetest dog I ever met, loved all people and really did not care either way for other dogs. our girl is full of dominance, her world and she allows us to live in it, she loves loves loves kids and is hit/miss with other dogs. Our male Frenchie is a ball of energy, joker, loves people and is a cuddler... Not fond of other animals... Everything to him might be a meal, so he is always high strung. Both males are/were my shadow, I can not leave a room .. Right behind me... Our girl, she waits till I come back, unless it was the kitchen, then she is with me
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

I have had both sexes of bullies… and I feel that they seem to adore the opposite "human" sex. Bella adored my hubby, while the males (while they loved their daddy) still seemed to be "momma's boys". I agree that the males seem to be more laid back, and not OCD about every little thing. But then again Bella seemed more gentle around little kids (I have a 3 year old grandson) and my males will knock him over in a NY minute… Lol

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Pooper scooper
    Country
    MA USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ginger(Masyanya)
    Likes (Received)

Thank you all! We went to the breeder, and there was a beautiful boy, but my husband said he is certain we need a girl... So we got a girl he's been sitting with her the whole evening )

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Congratulations on your new baby. Please share some pictures of her. Have you picked any names yet?
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Harvey's Executive Assistant Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harvey Specter
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    They are all different and really behavior is more in your control than theirs..... Our boy was the most laid back sweetest dog I ever met, loved all people and really did not care either way for other dogs. our girl is full of dominance, her world and she allows us to live in it, she loves loves loves kids and is hit/miss with other dogs. Our male Frenchie is a ball of energy, joker, loves people and is a cuddler... Not fond of other animals... Everything to him might be a meal, so he is always high strung. Both males are/were my shadow, I can not leave a room .. Right behind me... Our girl, she waits till I come back, unless it was the kitchen, then she is with me
    This is true. I only have a boy. I spend the most time with him and he follows me around like his mom. I feel he loves me more than my wife and my kids. So there goes the theory. My dog loves everyone. Young, old, children. He likes to harass the maltese next door. He even likes the delivery truck driver. He parked his truck and my dog ran to him and wanted to get in his truck. If I wasn't looking my dog would have been long gone (jk). Not sure if the truck driver would have abducted him or woudn't he. LOL.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Yugigi View Post
    Thank you all! We went to the breeder, and there was a beautiful boy, but my husband said he is certain we need a girl... So we got a girl he's been sitting with her the whole evening )
    Pictures... Pictures.....
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads