boy vs girl bulldog

Yugigi

Nov 10, 2014
Country
MA USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ginger(Masyanya)
Is there any behavioral difference? Any habits only boys/girls have? Any gender specific problems?

Thanks!

TobyGiant

Aug 22, 2012
North Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Toby
My boy is fairly active and doesn't like to cuddle. He loves my wife more. Our second is a girl and she loves me like crazy but is super lazy. She can jump on the couch but most of the time she wants you to pick her up. She wines until you do. She is a 45 lb lap dog. They both love all people.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

boo boo butts mom

Oct 18, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
boo boo butt
My breeder when I ask her which she prefers she said that males are sooooooooooooooo sweet and much more calm. I told her I believe females are easier and the calmer of the two lol. Actually I believe it is the owner and how they interact with the puppy. But some dogs do connect better with a female an some better to a male. My girl loves me tons but she loves everybody period.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
My guy Bulldozer is definetely a lap dog, he's very lazy ( that's why we call him Dozey) lol, and he hates to walk. He loves to cuddle and he's a very laid back dog, he will literally let you do anything to him, and his sister bosses him around, steals his toys, and rams him all the time, and he doesn't care. My female Blossom is a Diva, the Boss and she has tons of energy, she loves to walk for hours, but we don't let her. She is a cuddler too, but on her terms, and only when she wants to, usually after she's played and ran around like crazy, or after a long walk, then she loves to cuddle, especially in the evening when we are sitting around watching TV. She will snuggle up beside you and sleep. Se definetely loves my son, and Dozer is my snuggle guy, I don't know if there is any truth to what they say, that Males bond more with female humans, and females tend to bond more with male humans, but it's more true in our case. But they also love everybody.
I find females can be more jealous and dominate, and males are more mellow, but again every dog is different and they all have their own personalities.

TobyGiant

Aug 22, 2012
North Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Toby
I agree vikinggirl, Toby is calm and backs down from the girls sweetly if they let him know he was too rough but Bella doesn't.

OP
Y

Yugigi

Nov 10, 2014
Country
MA USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ginger(Masyanya)
Thank you all so much!
what about kids? We have 3 kids, would females be more gentle with them?

our only male dog we had would jump and pee at the same time when he is happy and it drove me nuts! There would be urine everywhere every time we came home...

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
They are all different and really behavior is more in your control than theirs..... Our boy was the most laid back sweetest dog I ever met, loved all people and really did not care either way for other dogs. our girl is full of dominance, her world and she allows us to live in it, she loves loves loves kids and is hit/miss with other dogs. Our male Frenchie is a ball of energy, joker, loves people and is a cuddler... Not fond of other animals... Everything to him might be a meal, so he is always high strung. Both males are/were my shadow, I can not leave a room .. Right behind me... Our girl, she waits till I come back, unless it was the kitchen, then she is with me

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I have had both sexes of bullies… and I feel that they seem to adore the opposite "human" sex. Bella adored my hubby, while the males (while they loved their daddy) still seemed to be "momma's boys". I agree that the males seem to be more laid back, and not OCD about every little thing. But then again Bella seemed more gentle around little kids (I have a 3 year old grandson) and my males will knock him over in a NY minute… Lol

OP
Y

Yugigi

Nov 10, 2014
Country
MA USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ginger(Masyanya)
Thank you all! We went to the breeder, and there was a beautiful boy, but my husband said he is certain we need a girl... So we got a girl :) he's been sitting with her the whole evening :))

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Congratulations on your new baby. Please share some pictures of her. Have you picked any names yet?

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
They are all different and really behavior is more in your control than theirs..... Our boy was the most laid back sweetest dog I ever met, loved all people and really did not care either way for other dogs. our girl is full of dominance, her world and she allows us to live in it, she loves loves loves kids and is hit/miss with other dogs. Our male Frenchie is a ball of energy, joker, loves people and is a cuddler... Not fond of other animals... Everything to him might be a meal, so he is always high strung. Both males are/were my shadow, I can not leave a room .. Right behind me... Our girl, she waits till I come back, unless it was the kitchen, then she is with me

This is true. I only have a boy. I spend the most time with him and he follows me around like his mom. I feel he loves me more than my wife and my kids. So there goes the theory. My dog loves everyone. Young, old, children. He likes to harass the maltese next door. He even likes the delivery truck driver. He parked his truck and my dog ran to him and wanted to get in his truck. If I wasn't looking my dog would have been long gone (jk). Not sure if the truck driver would have abducted him or woudn't he. LOL.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you all! We went to the breeder, and there was a beautiful boy, but my husband said he is certain we need a girl... So we got a girl :) he's been sitting with her the whole evening :))

Pictures... Pictures.....

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter

Glad you found her. Congratulations.

- - - Updated - - -

oh. pictures please.

OP
Y

Yugigi

Nov 10, 2014
Country
MA USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ginger(Masyanya)
Have you seen not photogenic bulldog? Well, ours sure is! She is so cute but looks like an old grumpy bulldog on the photos :)) and I am a photographer, so it's embarrassing!
Here are couple of iPhone photos :)
Her name is Masyanya (Masya, Manya for short), and I am sure only Russians can pronounce it lol
So, she thinks she is a lap dog, every time somebody sits on the floor - she climbs up :))
f80f04eaae4c36cd2f9c4b840791c10f.jpg
76193b966149bfebd1ec2cda0cf2a881.jpg
ec324ab744a25370c21c676af8cc318b.jpg

If somebody read my first topic, we planned on taking another girl... But she looked so scared, tried to hide from us... And we have a very loud family, so we didn't risk getting a dog that would be stressed from all the running and yelling...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.