Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
YES, HOWL?

Goob howled for the first time when he went to get neutered. He was placed in the crate, waiting for the vet and we heard it. We asked it there was a hound here and they said, "No, that's Goob! I didn't even think bulldogs COULD howl!" All the vet and vet techs were in shock that Mr. Goob was the one howling.

Nowadays....only two things make Goob howl. ONE...dogs barking on movies or videos. He will run around the house barking and then it turns into a very low, long howl. It is SO FUNNY!!! His lips scrunch up and his mouth moves like he is saying, "yayayayayaya." HILARIOUS!!!

The SECOND thing is women's choir/gospel music. There is something about the harmonizing that sets him off. We don't know if he is protesting or just singing along. We call him our little heathen. I can't tell you how funny this is.

Anyone else know what I'm taking about????

Chanticocat

Sep 20, 2014
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Hank, Ta-hank and Emma
Lulu is our sixth bulldog. We have had her since September twelfth. About a month ago I was falling asleep and heard a howl like coyotes and thought wow they must be under the bedroom window. My husband walked in just then and we discovered that it was Lulu. She was in her crate on the floor nearby and howling. We were shocked and emailed the rescue. The response was "Yep She does that."

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Nope, not a lick. She LOVES to bark

boo boo butts mom

Oct 18, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
boo boo butt
only when I howl first and then she begins howling, I love it cause she sounds so out of key lol. Well I sound very out of key as well but yeah I taped her doing it and her mouth is perfectly round when she does it as though she is a smoker trying to blow a smoke ring. The cutest thing ever!

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
some whining, some barking when someone's knocking or ringing the bell, but no howling that I am aware about. Maybe I should howl and see what he'll do.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
No real howling here either. Harlea barks and does he low growl when she hears other dogs or cats on the tv or when she it tattling on Aria because she wants the toy she has.

radiogirl107

Jun 4, 2014
Indiana
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Eleanor, Matilda
Matilda howls to one thing.... The song 'The Joker' by Steve Miller Band.... She really gets into it. She's around music all the time, she is our radio station mascot. But, that one song is the only thing she had ever howled/sang with, and she dies it every time that song plays.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
When my EB was new to the house, he would howl when somebody plays the piano. He also howls when the bird is singing. After a while, he stopped doing it. I kinda miss it. LOL.

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
One of my bullies used to howl when the little cartoon ending (the credits) of Oprah came on--guess it was the music! Every time she heard it she'd howl.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Finn howls...he howls when he hears the fire engine or ambulance sirens. OR, when the smoke detector alarm goes off when i'm cooking! i find his howling to be amusing and interesting. I have tried howling myself to see if Finn will howl with me but this hasn't worked. I guess i'm not fooling him.

Tate doesn't howl however.

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
bella only does it when a big 18 wheeler truck passes our house, shes weird like that though haha

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Boeboe and Bennie howls a the church bells, they go off sometimes during Wednesdays and every Sunday morning at 8 AM. Boeboe is always the one starting it and Bennie joins in. I love when they howl<3

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
I only heard PC howl one time while driving to visit my dad. I was like huh?? Hasn't howled since lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.