holy cow....i am a bit concerned at this pups weight....

erniesmom

Apr 14, 2013
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
ernie
I just picked up a 12 week bulldog from a breeder. same breeder I had gotten my other dog. as soon as I saw the dog I told her the dog was huge and she told me that my bulldog was always just small. I just weighed her. 22 pounds at 12 weeks. I am thinking that has got to be above normal????? and not too healthy????

Lubo25

Oct 21, 2014
Country
Northern Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
charlie
Iv just got my bulldog weigh on saturday past he was 16 weeks and came in at 9.5kg which works out around 20pounds. I'm new to the EB scene so I'm not sure weather that's over weight or under but my vet said he's fine at that weight.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
I just picked up a 12 week bulldog from a breeder. same breeder I had gotten my other dog. as soon as I saw the dog I told her the dog was huge and she told me that my bulldog was always just small. I just weighed her. 22 pounds at 12 weeks. I am thinking that has got to be above normal????? and not too healthy????
I would not worry about weight until they are almost 8 months old. As long as there is some curve in after the ribs to hips. Send some pics please.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
They are all different.... I would not be concerned at this age

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
I wouldn't be concerned. I think Ruckus was 13 or 14 pounds when I picked him up at 8 weeks and probably at 25 by the time 12 weeks hit. It just depends on the dog.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
English Bulldogs vary in weight. There are muscular 80lb adult bullys and overweight 50lb adult bullys. You can take a guesstimate of how a litter tends to weigh out by checking the history of the lineage.

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
True what they said. She's still a baby. My boy used to gain a Kilo a week at that age.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I agree with above members comments, every bully is different in size, height, and weight. When I ot my guys at the age of 10 weeks, they weighed about 8 or 9 lbs, and very time I took them to the vets, it seemed like they gained 2 lbs. they are now almost 3 years old, and weigh about 45 to 48 lbs.

OP
erniesmom

erniesmom

Apr 14, 2013
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
ernie
ok thanks everyone. My other one was half the size at this age. It almost seems as though she had trouble moving around because her stomach hangs so low that she has a sway back. I have her on Fromm puppy gold now(not sure what the breeder was feeding). I will probably do 2 cups a day for now.

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
My Winnie just turned 5 months and she weighs 27 lbs. She weighed 9 lbs when I got her at 8 weeks. She doesn't look fat though. Maybe she's just gonna be a big gal! I feed her 2 cups of Orijen Puppy a day.

julescoffman

Sep 26, 2014
florence sc
Bulldog(s) Names
Jasmine and Ruger
Oh my, Ruger is 13 weeks and weighs 28pnds, but has perfect curves, think he's going to be a big boy!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1415928473687.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415928473687.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 169

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Unlike others I would be concerned and simply feed her a little less. It is not good to keep them over weight when growing (rather the opposite), it can leed to all kinds of problems.

OP
erniesmom

erniesmom

Apr 14, 2013
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
ernie
I think the breeder said she was feeding her three cups a day which is a TON of food for a small pup. I have her down to two cups and working on exercise. walks and lots of play.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.