Thread: Shedding

Bulldog(s) Names
    Marly
    Likes (Received)

Default Shedding

My Marly is shedding more than normal. I know that bulldogs are medium shedders but my friends are starting to complain about her hair because it is all over the place. Is it that time of the year? I also brush her about 1 every 3 days.

Any Suggestions? I read somewhere that eggs help? Any product that I can help to stop the shedding?

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jozi, Wales
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Shedding

Jozi seems to be shedding worse the past
    week or so. I'm not sure of products to help
    though.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullet {booboo}
    Likes (Received)

i comb my boy with that Furminator comb for deshedding...it works GREAT! i do this once or sometimes twice a week and it takes all of about 15 min and gets lots and lots of hair off him....he loves the "momma-bullet" time too.
    Amy

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lacey
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Silva and Stella
    Likes (Received)

I brush Silva every night as part of her hygiene rountine. Also I find since she has been on good food her shedding has decreased!
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Anonymous

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Brodie
    Likes (Received)

No real issues with shedding right now but I do brush them several times a week. I am also wondering if food has anything to do with it. My sister is having a horrible time with her boston's shedding and she brushes them almost daily.
    I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive. ~Gilda Radner

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gertie & Ida
    Likes (Received)

Might need to change foods. We had our Saint on AWFUL food and he shedded in HANDFULS! Then we changed his food and even tho he's a "rough" (Longer hair, not a smooth coat), his shedding has almost completely gone away. My bully girls aren't shedding much at all.

There is nothing nicer than two sweet Bully girls, unless it's THREE sweet Bully girls!!
    Julie, Gertie, Ida & Clementine in Az.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chester
    Likes (Received)

Chester has been shedding really bad for about 2 weeks now.. OMG, it's driving me nuts. With all the hair on my clothes I feel like I've grown a coat myself
    It's a Bully thing <3

When the bully was created, it licked the hand of God and God stroked its head, saying, "What do you want, baby bully?" It replied, "My Lord, I want to stay with you, in heaven, on a mat in front of the gate."

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

@Dan75208 Try adding salmon oil to Marly's food, it helps alot! I know alot of people on here use this one:

Grizzly Salmon Oil 32oz

And I use this one because I can get it easily at my local feed store, I don't know of a store nearby where I could get the Grizzly one ,I would have to order it online so it's easier for me to just get this one:

Plato Pet Treats - Salmon Oil

Either way they are about the same price and last for a while. With 2 dogs the 16 oz bottle of the plato lasts me a month.

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Remove Ads