Shedding

Dan75208

Aug 4, 2010
Dallas, Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Marly
My Marly is shedding more than normal. I know that bulldogs are medium shedders but my friends are starting to complain about her hair because it is all over the place. Is it that time of the year? I also brush her about 1 every 3 days.

Any Suggestions? I read somewhere that eggs help? Any product that I can help to stop the shedding?

bfletch13

Community Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Jozi, Wales
Jozi seems to be shedding worse the past
week or so. I'm not sure of products to help
though.

Momma2Bullet

Jan 15, 2011
NE Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullet {booboo}
i comb my boy with that Furminator comb for deshedding...it works GREAT! i do this once or sometimes twice a week and it takes all of about 15 min and gets lots and lots of hair off him....he loves the "momma-bullet" time too. :luv:

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
I brush Silva every night as part of her hygiene rountine. Also I find since she has been on good food her shedding has decreased!

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
No real issues with shedding right now but I do brush them several times a week. I am also wondering if food has anything to do with it. My sister is having a horrible time with her boston's shedding and she brushes them almost daily.

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Might need to change foods. We had our Saint on AWFUL food and he shedded in HANDFULS! Then we changed his food and even tho he's a "rough" (Longer hair, not a smooth coat), his shedding has almost completely gone away. My bully girls aren't shedding much at all.

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
Chester has been shedding really bad for about 2 weeks now.. OMG, it's driving me nuts. With all the hair on my clothes I feel like I've grown a coat myself :down:

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
[MENTION=979]Dan75208[/MENTION] Try adding salmon oil to Marly's food, it helps alot! I know alot of people on here use this one:

Grizzly Salmon Oil 32oz

And I use this one because I can get it easily at my local feed store, I don't know of a store nearby where I could get the Grizzly one ,I would have to order it online so it's easier for me to just get this one:

Plato Pet Treats - Salmon Oil

Either way they are about the same price and last for a while. With 2 dogs the 16 oz bottle of the plato lasts me a month.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.