Scary day

julescoffman

Sep 26, 2014
florence sc
Bulldog(s) Names
Jasmine and Ruger
Hey all, been away awhile, had a big scare yesterday, woke up to jasmine gasping for air, the most ungodly sound I ever heard, rushed her to vet and her throat was swelling shut! They rushed her back and did there thing, she spent all day on iv fluids and steroids, almost to the point they were about to intibate her to help her breath.said her soft palette was swollen bad, she is better now and home resting, hopefully she had a reaction to something and this never happens again! Too scary.

bulldoglover22

Jan 23, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
chole
i had the exact same thing happen...except the outcome wasn't good we didn't make it to the vet in time..ultimately it was heart failure. Hoping for a speedy recovery

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
OMG I'm so sorry to hear about your baby. Did she eat something or get stung by an insect?!! Holy COW…

OP
julescoffman

julescoffman

Sep 26, 2014
florence sc
Bulldog(s) Names
Jasmine and Ruger
They are not sure, only thing I can think of is she has terrible food allergies and she got into the puppy food, we feed them separately, but she's quick! Or we just moved this past weekend and I found 3 fire ant mounds in back yard, they are bad in the south, so not sure if they bit her or what, so having yard sprayed and taking her out front to potty till ants and insecticides are gone..but I will say, I've never been so upset and scared in my life, the sound coming out of her was so loud that when I got to hospital they had to yell to talk over her gasping, it was awful:( I'm so sorry bulldoglover, that's heartbreaking. I drove mock 1 to get her there!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OMG.... so happy you were there and able to get her to the vet for proper attention. It is so scary when you have no idea what caused it to. Happen twice to Banks over the years and still no idea why.

OP
julescoffman

julescoffman

Sep 26, 2014
florence sc
Bulldog(s) Names
Jasmine and Ruger
Spoke to soon, my daughter is home with her and called and said her lips, tongue and face is swelling, she gave her benadryl and rushing her back to vet, pray she's ok:(

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Spoke to soon, my daughter is home with her and called and said her lips, tongue and face is swelling, she gave her benadryl and rushing her back to vet, pray she's ok:(

sending lots of prayers...... please keep us posted

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
They are not sure, only thing I can think of is she has terrible food allergies and she got into the puppy food, we feed them separately, but she's quick! Or we just moved this past weekend and I found 3 fire ant mounds in back yard, they are bad in the south, so not sure if they bit her or what, so having yard sprayed and taking her out front to potty till ants and insecticides are gone..but I will say, I've never been so upset and scared in my life, the sound coming out of her was so loud that when I got to hospital they had to yell to talk over her gasping, it was awful:( I'm so sorry bulldoglover, that's heartbreaking. I drove mock 1 to get her there!

Oh I hope that they can get her swelling under control… Fire ants are NO joke, when my parents first move to GA I accidentally stepped on one of the mounds. NOT only did I swell up, but it was painful. Sending you lots of hugs and prayers… please keep us posted!!!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
How terrible, I'm so sorry to hear of this ordeal & praying right now
over Jasmine and all of you as well. Sending big hugs of comfort &
support, may GOD fill your heart & mind w/strength, faith & hope!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I'm so sorry you're going through this with Jasmine. It's so scary when they have allergic reactions or problems breathing and we don't know what caused it. I haven't had to deal with swelling or breathing issues with allergies, but they get hives every now and then, and I haven't figured out what cause them, just given them Benadryl and keep an eye on them, and it clears it up in a couple of days. I hope jasmine is okay, and the swelling goes away. I'm glad you were home and that your daughter was there to know what to do, and so glad you were able to get her to the vet in time. Please keep us posted.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm so sorry for your loss of your baby.

OP
julescoffman

julescoffman

Sep 26, 2014
florence sc
Bulldog(s) Names
Jasmine and Ruger
Thanks everyone, my baby is doing good! Yay a big dose of benadryl did the trick with her face swelling, we think it was the air freshener spray my husband sprayed before we left for work, it is now in the trash! And the throat swelling shut they believe is from fire ant bite. Just glad she's home and back to her sweet self:)

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks everyone, my baby is doing good! Yay a big dose of benadryl did the trick with her face swelling, we think it was the air freshener spray my husband sprayed before we left for work, it is now in the trash! And the throat swelling shut they believe is from fire ant bite. Just glad she's home and back to her sweet self:)

what great news.... Evict those ants!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.