which fromm food for 8 week old eb puppy

Jorgienale

Nov 9, 2014
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
None
hello i hope im placing this in the right section i am a newbe. i just got my 8 week old puppy. i want to switch her to fromm but would like recommedation on which fromm food specifically trying to decide on puppy gold or four star. she is on the small side which i like and want to keep it that way obviously without causing problems. She is super healthy. Also how much and how often should I feed the Fromm and is there a need to soak like I do with her current Eukanuba? thanks

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I use the Fromm puppy in the pink bag until they are at least 4 months, preferably 6 months. At 8 weeks it should be approx 3 1/2 cup servings 3 times a day, and more as they grow. Switch slowly so they don't get too much stomach upset. Read the article on puppy diarrhea as it has a food chart and slow switch chart. Hope that helps :up:

OP
J

Jorgienale

Nov 9, 2014
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
None
Also what about grain free which I know Fromm gold is not? Should I be concerned as a puppy or no?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We feed our puppies FROMM Puppy Gold in the pink bag. FROMM 4 star grain free is an all stage food and we feed our adults the Game Bird at the moment. I still like to feed our pups the Puppy Gold until around 6 to 7 months of age.

OP
J

Jorgienale

Nov 9, 2014
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
None
Thanks for the responses. When u read around it gets confusing some people say puppy gold some same puppy large breed some say 4 star. I know everyone is always worried about growing to fast which food would that mostly like not happen with?

OP
J

Jorgienale

Nov 9, 2014
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
None
sorry for so many questions Im a newbie. Did I post in correct area?

RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
Listen to DavidH. We were having a terrible time with diarrhea and after a few days on Fromm Puppy Pink bags things have been great. I think we are going to keep the boys on the Pink Puppy until the are a year old. All is good. What is your puppy's name and let's see some pictures. Ralphie

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:welcome3:Hi and Welcome to you and your new baby. Lisa and David have given you great information. We fed Fromm's Puppy Gold u til they were 7 months old, and then switched them to Fromm's Beef Frittata. We are currently feeding them Fromm's Lamb and Lentil. When our guys were puppies, we fed them 1 cup 3 times a day, until they were 7 months old, and then switched them to the Fromm's Adult Food, and reduced their feedings to 1 cup twice a day feedings. I always add warm water to their kibble because it makes it softer for them to chew, and I feel better because they don't always drink a lot of water, so they get extra water with their meals.

OP
J

Jorgienale

Nov 9, 2014
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
None
unfortunately no name yet. Would have been stump if we got a male. Looks like I'm going to get Fromm puppy gold but there is a lot of opinions on bullies growing to fast on puppy food and few say too fast on all stage. Does anyone know the correct answer to which food makes them possibly grow to fast and y? I know puppy gold has more fat yet less protein than the beef frittata our yorkie is on.

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
I used Fromm Puppy Gold from 12 weeks - 7 1/2 months and am now trying Fromms adult my boy is small at 42 lbs and just over 8 months
Health has been great never added water followed feeding instructions on the bag, here is a pic to show you how he is doing.
Highly recommend it
040.jpg

OP
J

Jorgienale

Nov 9, 2014
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
None
So everyone agrees with pink bag over large breed that has less little less protein and fat? Just worried about rapid growth and overweight.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online