Message from Niko

Danielle J

Jan 8, 2011
Jacksonville, NC
Bulldog(s) Names
Presley
Hi all. My name is Niko. Yesterday my new mom and dad came to pick me up. They brought a new fur sister and skin brother. They seemed pretty cool so I went along with them. I like going for car rides and behaved very well. While on the way to my new house we all stopped at a chili cookoff and me and my fur sister got lots of love from all kinds of people. We finally made it to my new house later last night. I checked out the new place for awhile. Mom wasnt too happy when I marked my territory in the living room but she understood. I dont think I will do it again, I just had to show that this was my place too. My fur sister sure has been acting crazy. She has become pretty possessive. I dont pay her much mind but she follows me and is very bossy and tries to start fights. Guess she thinks she is the queen around here. Like I said I dont bother her and try to ignore her. I have had to put her in her place several times and we have gone to blows. Mom hopes that she will settle down once she gets used to me being here. I hope so too.
003.jpg Mom says that I am a very good boy. She is a little concerned about my eye and also my breathing. I cant breathe too well. She mentioned the doctor so I am sure005.jpg he will help. It is nice being able to stay in the house. My old parents kept me outside as much as possible because they said their was too many skin kids001.jpg inside. I bet that hasnt helped my eye problems and breathing issues...not to mention the scars I have on my legs from laying on concrete. But whatever, none 006.jpgof that bothers me. I am a happy guy. I know Ive got a good thing going on now. Now does anyone want to give me some tips on how to handle my crazy sister?004.jpg

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Cute. I'm sure someone here will be able to help you.

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
What a sweet boy! I wish I had some advice , but since I'm going through the same with my Boston and the new baby I have none. Just wanted to say how precious your bullies are!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
[MENTION=1686]Danielle J[/MENTION] and Niko that was a very nice story with all the photos! Thank you for sharing your new baby.

My suggestions are that anytime they start to fight, pin them into the submission position (Hopefully you have someone else who can pin one while you pin the other). If you do not have another, do it to the one who is trying to be alpha first, then do the one who is just defending. This will let them both know you are alpha and they are NOT.

Take them for walks together. Acting as a pack and doing things as a pack helps them identify their position in the pack. I am currently working out these methods with mine that do not get along, but I just do not do it enough. Consistancy and training is key.

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
What a sweet story and congrats! Wish I had some advice but my too get along so well and are now sleeping together and hate being apart...they are only apart if Brodie stays outside for a while. He loves being out while Lola loves staying in and only goes out to pee & poo and if my 5 year old is out there. Good luck and look forward to updates.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Welcome to the whole family! Hopefully with a little time you'll all be the best of buddies.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.