Dog interaction?

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
Last night hubby & I went to his parents house. We brought Chubbs because hubby's whole family loves him & they have 2 Goldens, Henry & Rusty. Chubbs LOVES the Goldens & they're good with him. The 3 get along great!
But Chubbs does the strangest thing to Henry (~ 16 & on his way out :-( ). None of us can figure it out. He always stands in front of Henry's face (butt - face). He also just, plain walks all over Henry, who deals with it.
Anyone know why this 4 month old bully is bullying his senior? [emoji53]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1415640587848.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415640587848.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 162
  • uploadfromtaptalk1415640599665.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415640599665.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 161

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
I think turning his butt towards Henry is polite in dog language!

Paul Martin

Dec 7, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Jozy
Jozy does the same thing to our 7 year old Yorkie. And when they are playing she gives him the flying butt maneuver and slams her but in his face!!

OP
binxrexchubbs

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
I think turning his butt towards Henry is polite in dog language!

If that's the case, then why does Henry always try to move his sad to the side? If you can zoom in on the first picture, Henrys head is to the right. And his face always seems to show annoyance.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
If that's the case, then why does Henry always try to move his sad to the side? If you can zoom in on the first picture, Henrys head is to the right. And his face always seems to show annoyance.

Perhaps Henry doesn't appreciate the attention?! I don't know why he reacts like that but as dogs say hi by smelling each other's bottoms, a dog positioning himself like that vis-a-vis another dog would generally speaking being polite.

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
I

I think it's an age issue. Henry is probably like "ok kiddo, we've played now let's relax" and Chubbs is thinking "or, oooorrrrrr we could keep playing" It doesn't look like he's trying to bully him at all.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
does he sit on him at all?

mackbob

Sep 1, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bob (Bobman)
This is Chubbs being a 4 month old annoying puppy and not really getting personal boundaries yet! It's a pushy play move "LOOK AT ME!! SEE ME!! I'M HERE!!!" - I see it a lot in bullies, and Henry is old enough to know that Chubb's is a puppy so he'll just ignore him... FOR NOW. (until Chubb's puppy pass expires!)

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Yeah, Chubbs is wanting to be noticed - please, please, please sniff my butt.... and Henry - like an indulgent grandpa who's really not wanting to interact - is being nice by turning his head away instead of giving the pup the warning growl. They should balance out after a while - either Chubbs learns a bit more discipline or Henry gets to be more of the disciplinarian. Either way, it's all good.

OP
binxrexchubbs

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
Perhaps Henry doesn't appreciate the attention?! I don't know why he reacts like that but as dogs say hi by smelling each other's bottoms, a dog positioning himself like that vis-a-vis another dog would generally speaking being polite.

Thanks! :)

OP
binxrexchubbs

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
I

I think it's an age issue. Henry is probably like "ok kiddo, we've played now let's relax" and Chubbs is thinking "or, oooorrrrrr we could keep playing" It doesn't look like he's trying to bully him at all.

Gotcha. Oh & I was wrong on Henry's age. He's only 10 but looks 16.

OP
binxrexchubbs

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
This is Chubbs being a 4 month old annoying puppy and not really getting personal boundaries yet! It's a pushy play move "LOOK AT ME!! SEE ME!! I'M HERE!!!" - I see it a lot in bullies, and Henry is old enough to know that Chubb's is a puppy so he'll just ignore him... FOR NOW. (until Chubb's puppy pass expires!)

Haha, think I'm getting it. Thanks! :)

OP
binxrexchubbs

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
Yeah, Chubbs is wanting to be noticed - please, please, please sniff my butt.... and Henry - like an indulgent grandpa who's really not wanting to interact - is being nice by turning his head away instead of giving the pup the warning growl. They should balance out after a while - either Chubbs learns a bit more discipline or Henry gets to be more of the disciplinarian. Either way, it's all good.

Haha. Henry has definitely already given the warning growl & is the disciplinarian when we visit them. Thanks. :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.