Bella and Dozers Dad

Community Veteran
Feb 2, 2014
Clayton, NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dozer and Koda
I have used these on many of occasion, not on my guys, there was not a need, but I worked at a dog daycare/training facility and all employees were taught how to use them as many clients brought their dogs in on them and we needed to know how to use them correctly when walking the dog into the play areas. When used correctly they are a fantastic training tool... not meant to be used for life, only to be used to train -- once trained it should not be used unless they revert back to the unwanted behavior

Hey Christine are you familiar with the command collar that is basically the same design but made out of plastic and instead of metal prongs it uses plastic sort of shaped like a triangle that rest up against the neck but does not cut in so there is is no chance of cutting into the skin of the neck.
Just wondering if you could achieve the same results. Thankfully I don't need this for my two knuckleheads.

Amazon.com : Don Sullivan Perfect Dog Command Collar with Extra Links and DVD, Large : Pet Training Collars : Pet Supplies

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hey Christine are you familiar with the command collar that is basically the same design but made out of plastic and instead of metal prongs it uses plastic sort of shaped like a triangle that rest up against the neck but does not cut in so there is is no chance of cutting into the skin of the neck.
Just wondering if you could achieve the same results. Thankfully I don't need this for my two knuckleheads.

Amazon.com : Don Sullivan Perfect Dog Command Collar with Extra Links and DVD, Large : Pet Training Collars : Pet Supplies

Aware of them, but have no experience with them. I would imagine they would have same results

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
a friend of mine sent away for that Don Sullivan stuff. It is a piece of junk-a plastic collar that you can get in Petco,and a piece of nylon rope.Oh and the dvd. She paid over $100 dollars for it. Got $2 worth of stuff.

Bella and Dozers Dad

Community Veteran
Feb 2, 2014
Clayton, NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dozer and Koda
a friend of mine sent away for that Don Sullivan stuff. It is a piece of junk-a plastic collar that you can get in Petco,and a piece of nylon rope.Oh and the dvd. She paid over $100 dollars for it. Got $2 worth of stuff.

Ouch, that's a lot of money. Thanks for the heads up Lynn.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.