EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Pinch Collars? youtube video included

I used a prong collar on an extremely stubborn Australian Heeler, but I would never use one on a bulldog. IMO it could cause damage to their already compromised trachea area, and with all the loose skin it would take a lot of pull to get them to feel it. Training harness is the best option...

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    X
    Likes (Received)

Oh My Gosh. I could never use this type of collar. Never. Weesie and I have always whipped (tapped) them on their nose if they get out of line. Now you just have to rattle the paper and they stop what they are doing. EB's are no different than raising kids. Some use choke collars and some use time out. Obviously we are the time outers and we spend most all of our time raising the boys. The boys listen to Weesie more than I do. I love these Bulldogs. But NO never on these collars or the death penalty....

Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chubbs W.C.
    Likes (Received)

Thanks all for your input. If we ever decide to go ahead & get this collar, we would NEVER use it as a choking/pulling tool. Only for it's intended use. Thanks again!

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Doug
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella, Dozer and Koda
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    I have used these on many of occasion, not on my guys, there was not a need, but I worked at a dog daycare/training facility and all employees were taught how to use them as many clients brought their dogs in on them and we needed to know how to use them correctly when walking the dog into the play areas. When used correctly they are a fantastic training tool... not meant to be used for life, only to be used to train -- once trained it should not be used unless they revert back to the unwanted behavior

Hey Christine are you familiar with the command collar that is basically the same design but made out of plastic and instead of metal prongs it uses plastic sort of shaped like a triangle that rest up against the neck but does not cut in so there is is no chance of cutting into the skin of the neck.
    Just wondering if you could achieve the same results. Thankfully I don't need this for my two knuckleheads.

Amazon.com : Don Sullivan Perfect Dog Command Collar with Extra Links and DVD, Large : Pet Training Collars : Pet Supplies

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bella and Dozers Dad View Post
    Hey Christine are you familiar with the command collar that is basically the same design but made out of plastic and instead of metal prongs it uses plastic sort of shaped like a triangle that rest up against the neck but does not cut in so there is is no chance of cutting into the skin of the neck.
    Just wondering if you could achieve the same results. Thankfully I don't need this for my two knuckleheads.

Amazon.com : Don Sullivan Perfect Dog Command Collar with Extra Links and DVD, Large : Pet Training Collars : Pet Supplies
    Aware of them, but have no experience with them. I would imagine they would have same results
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

a friend of mine sent away for that Don Sullivan stuff. It is a piece of junk-a plastic collar that you can get in Petco,and a piece of nylon rope.Oh and the dvd. She paid over $100 dollars for it. Got $2 worth of stuff.
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Doug
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella, Dozer and Koda
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Manydogs View Post
    a friend of mine sent away for that Don Sullivan stuff. It is a piece of junk-a plastic collar that you can get in Petco,and a piece of nylon rope.Oh and the dvd. She paid over $100 dollars for it. Got $2 worth of stuff.
    Ouch, that's a lot of money. Thanks for the heads up Lynn.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads