Let's talk

msericathatcher

Apr 18, 2014
Norfolk, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
Things that people think it's okay to say to us parents: .
1. How much did he cost? - do I ask you how much your mortgage is, or rent? Did I ask you how much your child cost you this far?
2. They insist on telling me loudly how much they cost. ( I promise next time I am in public I will loudly announce your salary)
3.. Telling me that "English bulldogs are so ugly, they are cute" -yea, you too.

4. "Oh my god, I have always wanted one. I'm going to steal him"
- I instantly play the scene from "taken" in my head....."I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

5. " I want one, they are SO expensive"-yes they are expensive, they are not a regular dog. They require more attention then other breeds. Maybe you should do a little more planning before deciding you just want one. Those vet bills stack up quickly.

6.. "Do they slobber a lot?"
-define "a lot" to me, what do you mean by "a lot"
7."How come he isn't fat? I thought all bulldogs are fat."- um he exercises, everyday. Not every bulldog is fat.

8. "Aren't Bulldogs just lazy?"-I just told you, he exercises every day. He does sleep a lot, but when he wants to play, he wants to play

9.Do they snore? I bet they don't snore louder then (insert random boyfriend, husband, whomever)" - your right, he probably does snore louder.

10 " his teeth are showing, is he going to bite me?"-that's just his face, unlike you, he can't change it.
Sorry I needed to share...I had at least 7 of these in the past 2 days

What do you get asked that rubs you the wrong way

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Lol - your answers are just as sarcastic as mine [emoji23][emoji23] i usually reply sarcastically and people leave me alone xx

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:laugh: same, every time we are out with the pups.... Beyond annoying

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I just either ignore people's ignorant questions by either ignoring them, or using the opportunity to educate them.
But sometimes you just can't fix stupid. Lol

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
10 " his teeth are showing, is he going to bite me?"
MMMMMMMMMMMM..........not if your lucky Mrs. Du Mass

Jackieshoes

Sep 30, 2012
Mississippi
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
When they're snorting and sniffing a new friend, "why is he growling" -

Me: "he's not growling- he's breathing. I d 10 t."

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
I cant stand it when someone says "she is so ugly" makes me want to break a trashy side out and catch a charge for beating someone down haha.

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
I've heard every single one of them too - people are idiots, for the most part.
I've even had people, who believe they know the breed, tell me there is no way he's pure bred (he is) - he's only a year old - he's not fully grown yet. He is NOT part boxer haha

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
Yep I can relate to every single one of them and more!!

Donna...Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chanticocat

Sep 20, 2014
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Hank, Ta-hank and Emma
Or "Do you breed them? Got any puppies?" Um. No. Just because I have more than one doesn't mean I'm a breeder. Take a good look at that handsome boy at my side. No testicles.

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
And on that note.....
Why would you neuter him?! Don't you know how much bulldog puppies go for??

Raaarrr!!! On so many levels!

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.