Shedding solutions!?!

Alicia Del Rosario

Mar 1, 2014
Round Rock, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Yogi
Hi all! Is there anything one can recommend for shedding?? I brush,brush, and brush and feed a high quality food but am constantly dealing with so much hair. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415494720.125752.jpg

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Omg what a sweet face!

I add oil, either coconut or salmon, to their diet. The kong zoom groom works great too.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Agree with Lisa.... Oil in food and the Zoom Groom

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I brush my dogs weekly… I use the furminator to loosen up the hair, and then I use the zoom groom for an allover brushing. I also take them to the groomers every 8 weeks to get bathed… it does seem to help on the shedding, but w/the weather changing to colder temps they will blow out their summer coats.

luvmybully

May 19, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
Loose hair..But adorable ears!!!smootch[emoji182]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Yogi is precious!! Like the other's Kong Zoom Groom brush, coconut oil in his food. I use Pharmaseb shampoo from our vet's I noticed a huge change in shedding by using this shampoo. It is antifungal/yeast shampoo. I'm pretty sure you can order on Amazon. It does not lather, but you soak them down, let it sit for 10 mins. and then rinse.

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
I agree with the zoom groom, especially around this time of year when the seasons are changing. We also have a ready supply of lint rollers and we run our Roomba daily.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
I've never heard of a zoom groom! The things I learn from EBN, I tell ya.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
I use a zoom groom as well and brush daily, though on occasions I will skip a day. Even so there is still alot of shedding and just recently bought a new vacuum, the type that doesn't require bags because after every two or three times vacuuming I would have to replace the bag as there was so much hair. I have basically resigned myself to it and brush and vacuum regularly. Ace has always been on a quality food and supplemental oil in the food, it probably helps but there is still quite a bit of shedding. As I stated I have simply resigned myself to it and keep up the brushing and vacuuming. It's all good though cause I love my dogs. I use to have a spotless home that always smelled fresh and clean, now there is usually at least a lingering odor of Bulldog, but all is well.:)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.