Vet and Doggy Daycare Recommendations - Calgary, AB

slowly

Nov 8, 2014
Country
en_Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman
Anyone from Calgary, AB have any recommendations for good bully vet? Getting my baby bully in a week!

Also, what are everybody's thoughts on doggy daycare for a 10 week old puppy? Both my wife and I have to work during the day. Is it better for the pup to be crated the full day (someone will let him out at lunch for a bit) or have him at a daycare?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: to EBN!!! I will tag some members from Canada to see if they have recommendations for youā€¦ as far as the daycare is concerned, YES it is a great idea but NOT until your puppy has been fully vaccinated. Parvo is extremely contagious, and is dangerous for young pups. You need to keep your puppy away from other dogs until all vaccines are done. Whether or not to take him I think is personal preference, just make sure that your daycare is very knowledgeable of the bully breed. They tend to overheat and this can be a dangerous situation.

OP
slowly

slowly

Nov 8, 2014
Country
en_Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman
:welcome2: to EBN!!! I will tag some members from Canada to see if they have recommendations for youā€¦ as far as the daycare is concerned, YES it is a great idea but NOT until your puppy has been fully vaccinated. Parvo is extremely contagious, and is dangerous for young pups. You need to keep your puppy away from other dogs until all vaccines are done. Whether or not to take him I think is personal preference, just make sure that your daycare is very knowledgeable of the bully breed. They tend to overheat and this can be a dangerous situation.

Thanks! Much appreciated. I'll most likely bring him to the daycare after his shots. I like the idea of him socializing and being pre-occupied than stuck in a crate all day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: to EBN.. Congrats on your new baby

Tracy has you covered on the daycare/shots. Keep in mind, puppies can only hold their bladder for one hour ore than they are old... So at 3months old, 4 hours is potty time

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.