Thread: Vet and Doggy Daycare Recommendations - Calgary, AB

Country
    en_Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Norman
    Likes (Received)

Default Vet and Doggy Daycare Recommendations - Calgary, AB

Anyone from Calgary, AB have any recommendations for good bully vet? Getting my baby bully in a week!

Also, what are everybody's thoughts on doggy daycare for a 10 week old puppy? Both my wife and I have to work during the day. Is it better for the pup to be crated the full day (someone will let him out at lunch for a bit) or have him at a daycare?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Vet and Doggy Daycare Recommendations - Calgary, AB

to EBN!!! I will tag some members from Canada to see if they have recommendations for you… as far as the daycare is concerned, YES it is a great idea but NOT until your puppy has been fully vaccinated. Parvo is extremely contagious, and is dangerous for young pups. You need to keep your puppy away from other dogs until all vaccines are done. Whether or not to take him I think is personal preference, just make sure that your daycare is very knowledgeable of the bully breed. They tend to overheat and this can be a dangerous situation.

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Country
    en_Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Norman
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    to EBN!!! I will tag some members from Canada to see if they have recommendations for you… as far as the daycare is concerned, YES it is a great idea but NOT until your puppy has been fully vaccinated. Parvo is extremely contagious, and is dangerous for young pups. You need to keep your puppy away from other dogs until all vaccines are done. Whether or not to take him I think is personal preference, just make sure that your daycare is very knowledgeable of the bully breed. They tend to overheat and this can be a dangerous situation.
    Thanks! Much appreciated. I'll most likely bring him to the daycare after his shots. I like the idea of him socializing and being pre-occupied than stuck in a crate all day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

to EBN.. Congrats on your new baby

Tracy has you covered on the daycare/shots. Keep in mind, puppies can only hold their bladder for one hour ore than they are old... So at 3months old, 4 hours is potty time
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Remove Ads