Winter Clothes

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Thanks all. If I find anything during my search I'll let you know. I might just need to learn how to sew LOL. I know they do have dog jacket patterns out there.

Hi Nu, Stewart, and Curly...that is what Denise does. I think she found the pattern at Joanns.

Yeah...Curly is a big handsome fella and I can understand how hard it would be for find some apparel for him.

OP
nubonics

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
[MENTION=3331]Bella[/MENTION]anddozersdad what are your bull's measurements? Curly is 22in around the chest, 33in long. His shoulder width is about 13 inches. He's a big boy lol with Strange measurements
[MENTION=11639]rjisaterp[/MENTION] I think stu want to sign me up for sewing classes now. Lol

Your bullies do have excellent coats. I think making coats might be the best option

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
@Bellaanddozersdad what are your bull's measurements? Curly is 22in around the chest, 33in long. His shoulder width is about 13 inches. He's a big boy lol with Strange measurements
@rjisaterp I think stu want to sign me up for sewing classes now. Lol

Your bullies do have excellent coats. I think making coats might be the best option

We found Jewel's sweater at PetSmart as well as that Raven's jersey Bentley had (originally for Jewel...but it does not fit her anymore). My wife did make some fleece and rain coats that attach with a strap. Nothing as dashing at some of the websites I visited but they get the job done.

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
I've seen some really nice ones online. But they're WAY out of my price comfort. For instance the fur coat I attached to one of my posts is $150!

minibull

Sep 4, 2014
Midwestern USA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Buttercup
I walk my guys every day it's not raining for my health and my dogs. It's been a nightmare trying to find cloths that fit my English Bulldogs.
With a cold coming on I had to get jackets for both of my guys, so I took a chance and ordered two jackets from Dr. Foster in Smith's dog supply site.

On the page for ordering them there is a size table to pick the correct size jacket for your dog, so I measured both of them and it looked like a large would work so I ordered both of them.

I'm ready to buy this coat for Buttercup! But once again it looks like she is between sizes. Would you be willing to share your dogs' length & girth measurements? Winter has arrived and she is not ready to do without her daily speedwalk.

Bella and Dozers Dad

Community Veteran
Feb 2, 2014
Clayton, NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dozer and Koda
[MENTION=9956]nubonics[/MENTION], [MENTION=12744]minibull[/MENTION]

Bella is 22" at length and 28" at her girth and she is one year old

Dozer is 21" at length and 29" at his girth and he is ten months old

They both use a size large for the Fairbanks coat

HTH

OP
nubonics

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
I really like the coats you got them but I think that the length might be too short for curly. The XL is 30" and he is 33". He'll have a little cold booty [MENTION=3331]Bella[/MENTION]anddozersdad

Bella and Dozers Dad

Community Veteran
Feb 2, 2014
Clayton, NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dozer and Koda
Well Curly having a cold little booty is not going to cut it:no:

Just checked the other coats on there site and it seems the longest is 30" which seems short for a lot of breeds?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
@nubonics Check out Foggy Mountain Dog coats, they make them for bullies and Frenchies, and even tell you how to measure your bully, so the coat fits. I bought one for our Frenchies and it fits nice.

Chubby Wubby

Nov 3, 2014
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs
I just bought my baby boy a jacket from petsmart in xxl. The price tag said $20.00 and they were all on sale for $5. Its warm on the inside and windbreaker on the out. My Chubbs is 85lbs. people think he is a mixed dog cause he is so tall and big. it fits him great. Check there I dont know why it was on sale but it was. Petsmart does carry big sizes just not alot in the bigger sizes so when you find it buy it. lol. Good luck hope this helps a little I know how it is cause Chubbs is so big not alot of stores carry his size petsmart by me (Cali-Orange County) has been carrying his size in alot of things shirts, jackets. If you need help and I can help you out please let me know I will look and if they have one I can email you and send it out to you.

Miss Lola

Sep 25, 2014
Maple Ridge
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola, Floyd
I bought Lola the right length coat then bought a chunk of Velcro and just extended the strap to go around her. It worked great.

minibull

Sep 4, 2014
Midwestern USA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Buttercup
@nubonics, @minibull

Bella is 22" at length and 28" at her girth and she is one year old

Dozer is 21" at length and 29" at his girth and he is ten months old

They both use a size large for the Fairbanks coat

HTH

Thanks! Buttercup is quite a bit smaller (17" length and 24" girth) so we are going to try the medium. She begged like a champion for her expected walk so we went out today in 25-30 degree weather. She seemed to love it. I, on the other hand, needed every layer I could get. I wonder how cold will be too cold for her, as well as whether we should try some snow shoes for when the ground gets really cold and/or wet.

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
I know you have to measure length & girth, but with everyone's experience... is that all or anything more? Also, what's the best way to measure our baby? Using a seamstress tape or string & then measure? Last thing, again with everyone's experience... about how much will our baby grow in the next few months? He weighed 24.5lbs at the vets office today. Apologies for all the questions. [emoji53]

Bella and Dozers Dad

Community Veteran
Feb 2, 2014
Clayton, NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dozer and Koda
I know you have to measure length & girth, but with everyone's experience... is that all or anything more? Also, what's the best way to measure our baby? Using a seamstress tape or string & then measure? Last thing, again with everyone's experience... about how much will our baby grow in the next few months? He weighed 24.5lbs at the vets office today. Apologies for all the questions. [emoji53]

Where to measure will be determine by the manufacturer of the coat. Some have you measure just along the dogs back from base of neck to base of tail, some will ask for back,girth and neck measurements.
Yes I used a seamstress tape but if using a string is easier for you i would just use that. As far as how much more Chubbs will grow that would be really tough to say as all bulldogs grow at different rates.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.