Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Winter Clothes

@nubonics Check out Foggy Mountain Dog coats, they make them for bullies and Frenchies, and even tell you how to measure your bully, so the coat fits. I bought one for our Frenchies and it fits nice.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chubbs
    Likes (Received)

I just bought my baby boy a jacket from petsmart in xxl. The price tag said $20.00 and they were all on sale for $5. Its warm on the inside and windbreaker on the out. My Chubbs is 85lbs. people think he is a mixed dog cause he is so tall and big. it fits him great. Check there I dont know why it was on sale but it was. Petsmart does carry big sizes just not alot in the bigger sizes so when you find it buy it. lol. Good luck hope this helps a little I know how it is cause Chubbs is so big not alot of stores carry his size petsmart by me (Cali-Orange County) has been carrying his size in alot of things shirts, jackets. If you need help and I can help you out please let me know I will look and if they have one I can email you and send it out to you.

Real Name
    Leslie
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola, Floyd
    Likes (Received)

I bought Lola the right length coat then bought a chunk of Velcro and just extended the strap to go around her. It worked great.

Bully Bootie Duty
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buttercup
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bella and Dozers Dad View Post
    @nubonics, @minibull

Bella is 22" at length and 28" at her girth and she is one year old

Dozer is 21" at length and 29" at his girth and he is ten months old

They both use a size large for the Fairbanks coat

HTH
    Thanks! Buttercup is quite a bit smaller (17" length and 24" girth) so we are going to try the medium. She begged like a champion for her expected walk so we went out today in 25-30 degree weather. She seemed to love it. I, on the other hand, needed every layer I could get. I wonder how cold will be too cold for her, as well as whether we should try some snow shoes for when the ground gets really cold and/or wet.

Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chubbs W.C.
    Likes (Received)

I know you have to measure length & girth, but with everyone's experience... is that all or anything more? Also, what's the best way to measure our baby? Using a seamstress tape or string & then measure? Last thing, again with everyone's experience... about how much will our baby grow in the next few months? He weighed 24.5lbs at the vets office today. Apologies for all the questions.

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Doug
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella, Dozer and Koda
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by binxrexchubbs View Post
    I know you have to measure length & girth, but with everyone's experience... is that all or anything more? Also, what's the best way to measure our baby? Using a seamstress tape or string & then measure? Last thing, again with everyone's experience... about how much will our baby grow in the next few months? He weighed 24.5lbs at the vets office today. Apologies for all the questions.
    Where to measure will be determine by the manufacturer of the coat. Some have you measure just along the dogs back from base of neck to base of tail, some will ask for back,girth and neck measurements.
    Yes I used a seamstress tape but if using a string is easier for you i would just use that. As far as how much more Chubbs will grow that would be really tough to say as all bulldogs grow at different rates.

Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chubbs W.C.
    Likes (Received)

@Bella and Dozers Dad Thanks for answering. I figured as much.

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Doug
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella, Dozer and Koda
    Likes (Received)

Country
    North America
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buddy
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Alicia Del Rosario View Post
    Plussizepups has EB clothes! Just bought mine his hoodie from there.
    (edited to include quote....mostly for my sake so I remember where I ordered the hoodie)
    Thanks for sharing this!!! I just bought a hoodie there, finally a website with decent shipping!! There are a couple other sites with EB clothes, but there regular shipping prices are astronomical!!! One place wanted almost $20 to ship a hoodie regular USPS.

Follow up- I ordered this Friday and it was waiting in my mailbox Yesterday (Monday)!!! Very quick shipping!!!

Buddy in his new hoodie:

Real Name
    Nu
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Curly
    Likes (Received)

I ended finding a place close by that sold Foggy Mountain coats so I got one for Curly.

I like that it is warm and water proof and has adjustable straps for his huge chest.

I don't like that it doesn't cover up his chest like my other dogs coats do (Their coats are Breathe Comfort).

I wish I could find a sweater that would fit him. I went to Petco and Pets mart but everything that fit around his chest covered his butt. I just don't feel like spending 15-20 bucks on something that I am going to need to cut up.

check us out on Instagram: nu__berry (that's two under scrolls)

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Somewhere in the Universe. Wish you were here!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by nubonics View Post
    I ended finding a place close by that sold Foggy Mountain coats so I got one for Curly.

I like that it is warm and water proof and has adjustable straps for his huge chest.

I don't like that it doesn't cover up his chest like my other dogs coats do (Their coats are Breathe Comfort).

I wish I could find a sweater that would fit him. I went to Petco and Pets mart but everything that fit around his chest covered his butt. I just don't feel like spending 15-20 bucks on something that I am going to need to cut up.

Well it is beter than nothing for Curly. And the last few mornings have been a winter test for all of the kids. I am glad we do not live in Buffalo, NY. 6 ft of snow already with 2 more feet coming today that started last night.

Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chubbs W.C.
    Likes (Received)

We went to PetSmart yesterday to do some coat fittings. Found 1 I really like because it has reflectors on it. Just not sure I wanna spend $25 (includes discount) when Chubbs is gonna grow out of it in a month. Idk.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -uploadfromtaptalk1416494669500-jpg  

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads