Winter Clothes

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
So my California dog needs some winter coats to survive his first winter on the east coast. I have a XL jacket that fits my frenchton (who is just as long as Curly but not as wide) and the length is perfect but the strap won't go around his broad chest. Curly would probably need to wear an XXL for anything to fit around his chest/shoulders but of course it ends up being too long and covers up his pooper shoot. Does anyone know of any good bulldog clothing companies online? I think I might have read something once when I lived in CA but I couldn't find it...

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Well, there isn't much for EBD's. I have shortened the length on some winter coats that I have gotten. I like to get The kind that is waterproof on the outside-in case of snow or cold rain. Maybe someone knows a good source!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
All the clothes I've bought online are too long. A lot of bully people buy kids clothes and hem them up to size, that's what we've done. Nothing under a 3 or 4 XL will fit Buster's chest.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Google "Cool Blue bulldogs" it's the first link. They make clothes specifically for EB's. But they're on the more expensive side.

OP
nubonics

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
Thanks all. If I find anything during my search I'll let you know. I might just need to learn how to sew LOL. I know they do have dog jacket patterns out there.

OP
nubonics

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
@blueberrysmom cool blue dog's site is great! The prices aren't too bad considering that it would be a quality product. My boston mixes' coats cost about the same price but they are durable, waterproof, warm therefor worth the price. I rather pay $70 on a coat that will last 5 years than keep buying coat every year :)

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
[MENTION=9956]nubonics[/MENTION] yes- the quality is good.

I need to get them raincoats this year. Just don't know if I want the yellow or cameo..lol

OP
nubonics

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
@blueberrysmom LOL Cool Blue Dog apparel might be on my birthday present list. "Don't get me anything, get my dog something"

I don't know if you checked out the sale items but there is a grey on sale. Grey "Ghost" Raincoat-NEW SIZES! I was just eyeing that up for Curly since he likes to roll around in the mud when it rains. I've seriously never seen a dog more happy in the rain. It rarely rains in LA so curly never experienced rain storms like this. My other two dogs lived on the east coast before so they keep looking at curly who is running, rolling and smashing his face into the mud like he has lost his mind.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, I've had good luck finding winter jackets and other clothes at PetValu, PetSmart, and Global Pets, but I've also been on this website Auggies Closet which looks like they have lots of cool Bully stuff.

Modern Bulldog
June 16, 2013 · Meridian, ID, United States ·
Check out Auggies Closet! Dedicated to English & French Bulldogs...
https://www.facebook.com/auggie.johnson
Auggie Johnson
Pet Supplies · 11,309 Likes

Like Page

LikeLike · · Share
2 people like this.

OP
nubonics

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
Thanks [MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION] Curly is really odd shaped so the typical clothing we find in the larger retail pet stores just don't fit him - they are too long for him and I'm not domesticated enough to do a good job at sewing (and the way work is right now, I don't have the time to attempt it either).

He's really broad. At the meetup we just had in the DC VA area, he was the largest bully there. LOL Maybe I can just ties a few blankets around him and call it a day LOL

Honestly my concern about this whole jacket business came about because the high is 50 here right now and for the first time ever I've actually seen curly cold before. I always thought he was just hot all the time and the snow and cold wouldn't bother him. He's not a snow dog after all :lol:

Bella and Dozers Dad

Community Veteran
Feb 2, 2014
Clayton, NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dozer and Koda
I walk my guys every day it's not raining for my health and my dogs. It's been a nightmare trying to find cloths that fit my English Bulldogs.
With a cold coming on I had to get jackets for both of my guys, so I took a chance and ordered two jackets from Dr. Foster in Smith's dog supply site.

On the page for ordering them there is a size table to pick the correct size jacket for your dog, so I measured both of them and it looked like a large would work so I ordered both of them.
When I received them I tried them on both dogs and was shocked to see how well they fit and also really like the the way they designed the jacket.

It simply slips over their head and then there's a breast and belly piece that has two straps with Velcro that are simply brought up from the belly and over the ridge of their back and Velcro together which means the jacket will grow with the dog.
The outer shell is waterproof, windproof, and breathable. And the jacket is lined with fleece. It has two straps at the rear to go around their hind legs but I don't use those and the jacket stays put for me. The jacket also has highly reflective stitching around the belly straps and the whole perimeter of the jacket.

I have to say I got really lucky finding this jacket and on top of that it's on sale and believe it still on sale, I've had them for about a month now.

Link >
Dog Clothing| Fairbanks Coat

IMG_1939 (800x450).jpgIMG_1937 (800x450).jpgIMG_1908 (800x450).jpg

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
We found a brand that makes bulldog specific clothing. Ruckus has a fleece hoodie from Plus Sized Pups in size Bigger than Beefy.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.