Question - Can Bulldogs get upset and cause themselves to have diarrhea???

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
So this week on Tuesday I did my laundry and washed my bedding - I make Nigel & Karly sleep on the floor next to the bed to avoid the shedding and have a clean bed for a day or two. Well I do this for Tues. & Wed. night - they will get up and go sleep in the recliners in the living room before the nights over well yesterday Nigel had diarrhea poop in the kitchen and there was no change in his diet so I wonder if he may have worked himself up being upset that I wasn't letting him sleep with me? Yes he and Karly were back in bed with mommy last night so we'll see if he's doing better today. He just gets so unhappy if I don't let him sleep in the bed with me. Guess I won't be doing that again. I love him too much!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
absolutely!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Oh heck yeah! Brutus has landed himself in the hospital after stressing himself out!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I agree, they can get diarrhea from any changes to their routine that can cause stress. Changes in diet and routines can upset them, they are so OCD.

Jackieshoes

Sep 30, 2012
Mississippi
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
If Dexter sees me packing clothes in a bag and start loading my over night stuff (toothbrush, hairbrush, shoes) he goes NUTS. Follows me around panting and to the point in tripping over him under my feet because he thinks I'm going to leave him. If at any point I let him outside on a trip he's not going on (and there aren't many-and his daddy stays home with him) and he gets in my car, I can't get him out with out a fight.

Then, I've been told he goes in his box and WILL NOT come out. Not for cheese, Vienna sausage- nada. Sometimes with daddy he will be ok most of the night but as soon as he goes to brush his teeth dexter will get in his box and not come out-he'll even poo in there to show his distaste for the situation. Completely kennel trained- even stays out during most of the day with ZERO messes. He's jut depressed I think -

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh I agree… I think they just work themselves up when there is any kind of change!!! I hope Nigel feels better soon...

OP
NigelsMom

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
All is well - I let him and karly back in the bed and all went back to normal. Whew!

BodiesMom

Feb 18, 2014
Eastern NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bodie
I agree with this! My Bodie has stressed out so badly that he started to bleed from his penis! And we were only moving one piece of furniture from upstairs to the garage for a yard sale!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Glad he is back to normal, :)

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
Do bulldogs have sensitive emotion to make them be upset and get diarrhea? I am newbie adopted Pork Chop Dec 2013 .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Do bulldogs have sensitive emotion to make them be upset and get diarrhea? I am newbie adopted Pork Chop Dec 2013 .

yes, any dog can. Banks hates the car.. we had anexity pills for her when we take trips and she also has colitis so when she gets stressed or nervous that can act up as well

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
yes, any dog can. Banks hates the car.. we had anexity pills for her when we take trips and she also has colitis so when she gets stressed or nervous that can act up as well

Good to know thank you

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online