THIS is probably why my girls weight what they do!!!

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
I have been pretty much out-of-commission for the past couple weeks because of a knee injury. My husband literally sent me to bed to heal and he has been taking wonderful care of me. He has also taken over care and feeding of Arrow and the girls. This-morning he said he didn't know if Gertie was feeling all that good, because she hasn't been finishing her food (but Ida just finishes hers' and then Gertie's also). I was immediately concerned because they both usually suck down their food in under a minute, NEVER leaving a morsel. Then we got discussing just what he's been feeding them. I have a little tiny plastic pitcher I use to scoop and measure the girls' food. It holds 2 cups, it's actually intended for pancake batter, I think, but it works great for a scoop. I give the girls each a cup and 1/4 in the morning and a cup each at dinner. I thought I had explained all this to my husband. I made him a list so he wouldn't forget their vitamins or salmon oil, told him all about what I add in the morning and what I add at night. Well, turns out, he didn't pay any attention to the fact that the little pitcher/scoop holds 2 cups. He thought it was 1 cup, so has DOUBLED their food the last couple weeks! OMG!! No wonder they look bigger everytime they're upstairs to visit me!! So we have that all straightened out now, they will no longer being fed double their normal amounts. I'll be back to feeding them here pretty soon. I have been up and around more and more, even started sewing again. Thank goodness we got this figured out before they EXPLODED!!

bfletch13

Community Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Jozi, Wales
My wife did the same thing with my Great Dane.
Had a scooped that measures 2 cups. I told her
to feed him 4 cups, not 4 scoops. But she thought
I meant 4 scoops. So while I was gone for work one
time he was eating 16 cups of dog food a day.

Better than starving them I guess. :D

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
That's so funny!!! I'm suprised they could still manage to get up the stairs ..... :lol:

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
Oh my! They probably love to see him coming to feed them. My hubby would be doing the same thing. When I have to go out of town I get my 5 year old to keep an eye on him and make sure he feeds them the right amount.

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
lol! Men.. in one ear out the other. I had a similar issue..when we got Belly on a schedule the only thing I asked him to do was take her out first thing when he got up and feed her. You would think I was asking him to solve a trig. problem when I said she get's 1/4 cup eukanuba/ 1/4 cup Fromm with a spoon of pumpkin and some frozen blueberries on top. All she got was a cup of Eukanuba and a pitiful amount of pumpkin. So I just drag my butt out of bed at 5 am and get her food ready myself.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Oh that is so funny, I would have to draw a diagram if I was not able to feed Vegas, Joe just would open up the container and tell him to have at it! ONLY I feed him, remember Joe was the one giving him Multi-Grain wheat thins for a snack, while Vegas is strictly on a grain free gluten free diet!

wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
[MENTION=574]TessaAndSamson[/MENTION] i want to argue your statement, but it is extremely valid; you win this round hahaha

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
i want to argue your statement, but it is extremely valid; you win this round hahaha

[MENTION=925]wfd38383[/MENTION] We can all admit we are guilty of some stereotypical gender traits! I know I am! Doesn't make me love you men any less! In most cases I've actually always preferred to hang out with dudes :)

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
oh daddies and their selective hearing. i think if you want the boys to listen you have to start off the sentence with "boobs".

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.