Indonesia
Bulldog(s) Names
Sky (aka Stardust Iron Dome)
Hi Friends

Went to vet today. She shaved sky and the following are the picture:

8c6e392fb4378fbb3621fafb7d967136.jpg
9aa61d9ff20f4b6ca255114d63494b8d.jpg

1. Do you think thats hot spot?

2. After the fur taken away, it looks like a dried pimples. Where we can peel off the dried skin

3. My vet ask me to apply garamycin as medicine for the picture......

Question, at what age do you normally inject vaccine no 3 (eurican 7)? My breeder ask me to do this at 3 mths old whilst the vet refuses to do so and ask me to come back 2 more months (at 6 myhs old)

Pls help

Rgrds

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
The 3rd set of vaccines here are usually done around the 4 month, or 16 weeks. We finished all of Blue shots (rabies included) at around the 5th month I think.

Miss Lola

Sep 25, 2014
Maple Ridge
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola, Floyd
Here the First three sets of vaccinations are done every 4 weeks starting at 6-8 weeks old depending on your individual Breeder and/or Vet. So the third set would be at 14-16 weeks old.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Here in the US... usually all shots are done by 16-18 weeks.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Castor was vaccinated shortly before we got him (so at 8 weeks or so) and then we took him to the vet at 12 weeks and at 12 months.

OP
teddokun

teddokun

May 15, 2014
Jakarta, Indonesia
Country
Indonesia
Bulldog(s) Names
Heya, thank you all. Sky is now 16 weeks but last nite the vet gave him eurican 6 (2nd vaccine - again!! Despite me telling her that sky has had this). Can i go for 3rd vaccine in 2 weeks time?

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
How come the vet gave him the same shot twice - did you not receive any documents verifying vaccinations? Here, those documents are very important, for instance if you want to get a passport for your dog.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
How come the vet gave him the same shot twice - did you not receive any documents verifying vaccinations? Here, those documents are very important, for instance if you want to get a passport for your dog.

All three stages of the puppy vaccine are given for the same thing here, live viruses for DPPH (Distemper, Parvo, Parainfluenza and Hepatitis). Other vaccines may be added to the core ones based on where the dog is, and the history of canine diseases in that area.

If a vet thinks the first shot was given too young (pup was still protected by the moms milk), they may give it an extra time. The virus in the vaccine doesn't differ in any of the stages.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
All three stages of the puppy vaccine are given for the same thing here, live viruses for DPPH (Distemper, Parvo, Parainfluenza and Hepatitis). Other vaccines may be added to the core ones based on where the dog is, and the history of canine diseases in that area.

If a vet thinks the first shot was given too young (pup was still protected by the moms milk), they may give it an extra time. The virus in the vaccine doesn't differ in any of the stages.

Thanks for the clarification, see what you mean - same content given three times here too. I didn't know, though, that it was ok to top up within such a short time!

I was surprised to learn that in the US, the third shot was given so early, as Castor didn't get it until he was 12 months (which was according to the Swedish kennel club recommendations).

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
They give a booster here about a year after the third shot. So in essence, the dog would be about 15-16 months here.

I think we do it pretty much the same way. You guys just don't give the 3rd shot (the 16 week one.)

OP
teddokun

teddokun

May 15, 2014
Jakarta, Indonesia
Country
Indonesia
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=7457]Blueberrys Mom[/MENTION]
Yes thats what the vet said. To treat this one as booster to 2nd shot. I guess i shouldnt be too paranoia then

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.