SALIVA!!!

maggiesdaddy

Nov 2, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie Mae
First time English bulldog owner. Great info here. I have a question for you veteran bulldog owners. How long did You obsess about wiping your Bulldogs mouth after drinking? Maggie Mae drinks a lot when she does. Then there is a stream of drool and saliva afterwards. I have a kitchen towel hanging near the water bowl just for me to dap her mouth. Is this something I will accept and give up on?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I don't wipe mine-if I did, I would not have time to do anything else. If I see that one is getting a sore chin, I WOULD start trying to keep it dry.Mine drink out of glass bowl and luckily so far are okay.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We don't wipe ours either, like others we would be doing this all the time, with all the dogs we have. I just clean up the floor when it gets too bad. :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I do the same... Banks likes to take the bowl of water across the kitchen floor so I wipe the floor when she is done. Her face, I wipe with paper towel as needed.

BulldogMomma

Mar 18, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King George
I keep a rag in the kitchen by the bowl just like you are doing! George can't stand to have a drippy mouth so he will either wipe it on my carpet :no: or I wipe him with the towel. I don't obsess over it, but I do have to clean our carpet quite a bit because of his drooly mouth!! :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

oh!! Make sure you wash the rag or change it out regularly!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=12277]RalphieBoy[/MENTION] didn't like the wet floor, so he got a special carpet!!!

OP
maggiesdaddy

maggiesdaddy

Nov 2, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie Mae
Thanks for sharing. I don't mind wiping. She only drinks about 5 times a day.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I have kitchen towels EVERWHERE b/c i have to wipe their mouths every time. Just something i need to do otherwise there's too much drool and water all over the house and once i almost slipped on that very slipper saliva of theirs!

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
I quit at two bullies; drool everywhere and had to make sure the toliet seat stays down at all times. We bought carpets plus they like to get the water out of the gold Fish pond (Kio pond is at other house and we haven't expanded the gold fish pond at the new house to be big enough for Kio) so water slobber is an endless event. Keep a mop handy. Good luck!!

Ser Bentley

Nov 3, 2014
Louisiana
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ser Bentley
Is this just a drinking issue or do y'alls BDs drool all the time? Our BD does not drool at all. His mouth is wet after he drinks but we haven't had to wipe him down to much. Just curious.

BulldogMomma

Mar 18, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King George
George is only drooly after he drinks and when he sees a pretty girl dog!! Lol

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
I wipe Ruckus's chin everytime he drinks, otherwise there is too much water all over the wood floors and it gets slippery

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online