Brilloluna

Jul 20, 2014
Northern California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cricket (2014-) Willa: (2001-2013)
I'm just now seeing this post...

Hoping my experience with Willa will help..

The last few months of Willa's life, I'd hoped she would pass in her sleep, but in true bulldog fashion, she was just too darned stubborn.

I had a vet come to my house and put Willa down peacefully in one of her favorite spots... She'd stopped walking around, and wouldn't eat unless she was bribed with salmon or bacon. I made a promise to her when she was younger that she wouldn't suffer. The last time I took her to her regular vet, he said she was starting to suffer. I made her final appointment the next day, and spoiled her rotten with her favorite foods for the last week of her life. Kept her comfortable with medicine until her humans all had a chance to say goodbye. It was a tough decision to make, but I don't regret it because she had that look in her eyes. She wanted me to stop the pain, so I did. It's hell to go through for us, but a blessing for our furkids. You'll know when your pup has had enough....

Willa was 2 1/2 weeks shy of her 12th birthday. I still miss her terribly, but I am eternally grateful I had her with me for as long as I did.

As long as your Jelly has that spark, keep going. Spoil her rotten. She deserves it. :)

I'm dealing with end of life issues with Jelly...I'm so scared about having to make a decision to have her put to sleep. She'll be 12 Feb. 12. She's got arthritis and at this point only walks when she has to. She spends most of her time sleeping. Yes, she's on lots of different meds...I really believe we've tried everything we can to help her.
My question is how do must bulldogs die? Do they have to be put to sleep or do they die in their sleep? I know that sounds crazy, but it would be so much easier if I didn't have to make this decision. I pray every night that she will just die in her sleep. :*(
Please don't think badly of me, I love her more than anything.
Cindy

Members online

No members online now.