Bulldog baths!!

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
Only when she has been at the dog park and gets in the mud haha so maybe once every 6 months or so.

My vet was surprised at the lack of bathing i've done because her coat is very nice and clean.

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
So far, about 1/month. Chubbs loves chasing leaves & rolling in the grass/dirt.
Great idea about the vinegar bath, definitely gonna try it!

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
I used to have to bathe her in medicated shampoo every 7 days, but we only do it two to three times a year now. As I write this I am sitting next to a freshly bathed bulldog! She still has that wet dog smell, but it's better than what she smelled like earlier!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Stigs and Punks get bathed maybe every couple of months or so. Unless they're dirty from playing outside or daycare, then they get bathed that day. We use a vet brand oatmeal and aloe shampoo. For some reason it's the only type that they don't react to. We also do a water and white vinegar rinse. Mainly to control yeast, but also works for keeping bugs at bay.

We do wipe their butts, paws and faces regularly though.

Buddy32825

Jan 14, 2014
Oralndo, FL
Country
North America
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
Y'all are some lucky people, I have to wash my boy and his bedding weekly. We have a dirty area in the back yard that grass won't grow in and he loves rolling in it and laying in itand gets dirty and stinky fast. I have never heard of the vinegar rinse and will be adding that in.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
You must be Filipino if... there's always a smell of vinegar somewhere in the house. LOL. Yeah, we use vinegar for everything - cleaning countertops, cleaning the fridge, mopping the floors, cleaning windows, disinfecting laundry, cooking food, dipping sauce, washing the dogs...

We wash dogs when they get dirty... which averages about 3x a year or so for the bullys. The bichon gets his monthly grooming.

We usually do the daily wipe-down for the face, butt, paws, and ears and a brush down all over.

mzza111

May 16, 2013
Orange County, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gypsy (May 2013- March 2015)
Gypsy gets a bath once a week and I also wash her bedding at the same time. I just can't put a clean dog on a stinky bed! haha!

Buddy32825

Jan 14, 2014
Oralndo, FL
Country
North America
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
ok...may seem like a silly question, but....How do you do the water vinegar rinse? I do a 50/50 solution with water, but how much do you use when you rinse your EBD and do you just leave the solution on the dog and dry him off or do you do a final water rinse? When I did the vinegar/water solution rinse I may have used too much as it seemed to irritate my EBD, so I did a final rinse with just water. Thanks!

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
ok...may seem like a silly question, but....How do you do the water vinegar rinse? I do a 50/50 solution with water, but how much do you use when you rinse your EBD and do you just leave the solution on the dog and dry him off or do you do a final water rinse? When I did the vinegar/water solution rinse I may have used too much as it seemed to irritate my EBD, so I did a final rinse with just water. Thanks!

I make homemade shampoo:

1/3 Cup Glycerin
1 Cup Palmolive dish soap
1 Cup White Vinegar
1 Quart of Water

Good for sensitive skin too...

Most Reactions