Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Bulldog baths!!

-red-jpg Hey @jimmyjj do you think that's the result of drinking too much vinegar without the fries???????????? @agingermom
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Manydogs View Post
    -red-jpg Hey @jimmyjj do you think that's the result of drinking too much vinegar without the fries???????????? @agingermom
    LOL, that kid is freaking me out!!

I'm a good girl, I promise

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Vinegar is a natural anti bacterial and anti fungal agent, so it kills odor, bacteria, parasites and helps to heal skin issues.

Re: Benefits of Apple cider vinegar
    Originally Posted by Sherry
    Current Article

By Singing The Praises Of Apple Cider Vinegar on Jul 6, 2008 in Dr.Jeannie, Dog Health - Immune System, Dog Breeders Corner, Dog Heart Health, Dog Nutrition, Doggone Home & Garden Stuff

Apple Cider Vinegar

Apple cider is known around the world as Mother Nature’s miracle medicine, a powerful weapon in the war against aging and disease that is more effective than many high-priced prescription drugs. When God created this fruit He designed it be a food and a medicine!
    Apple cider vinegar (ACV) is golden liquid concentrated with the healthy goodness of apples. It contains more than 30 important nutrients, 12 minerals, over 6 vitamins, essential acids and several enzymes. Moreover, it has a large dose of pectin for a healthy heart, and thus, healthy as a whole.
    Many vitamins, minerals and other nutrients and substances are available in ACV to improve the health of your dog. ACV can provide them with enzymes and important minerals, such as potassium, calcium, magnesium, sulfur, chlorine,
    phosphorus, iron, silicon and other trace minerals. The vitamins contained in ACV are bioflavonoids (vitamin P), beta-carotene (precursor to vitamin A), vitamin C, E, B1, B2, and B6. Tannins from the crushed cell walls of fresh apples as well as malic acid, tartaric acid, propionic acid, acetic acid and pectin (fiber) are also contained in ACV.
    ACV is cheap, easy to use and it really benefits our health in numerous ways. ACV can benefit both people and their pets. It is antibacterial and anti-fungal and gives the immune system a good boost. As a high potassium electrolyte balancer, it remineralizes the body and helps normalizethe blood’s alkaline acid balance.ACV is the natural king of skin remedies. It is wonderful for itching and scratching pets as well as a superb skin and hair conditioner. Good old apple cider vinegar either straight or diluted 50/50 with water can be applied directly to the affected area and allowed to dry. It will kill bacteria on hot spots, eliminate dandruff, rejuvenate hair, skin and help sweeten and balance the pH levels in the body. When giving your dpg a bath, shampoo, rinse, then apply ACV either straight or diluted, followed by rinsing with water. Notice, any residue shampoo will be washed out and you will feel and see an increased softness and sheen to the coat.
    Apple cider vinegar is a powerful detoxifying and purifying agent. It breaks down fatty, mucous and phlegm deposits within the body. By breaking down these substances it improves the health and function of the vital organs, such as the kidneys, bladder and liver, by preventing excessively alkaline urine. Put a tablespoon of ACV in your dog’s drinking water every day and you will no longer have those brown spots in your lawn from the dog’s urine.

This powerful potion also promotes digestion, assimilation and elimination, all the while neutralizing any toxic substances that enter the body. Cider vinegar has been found to ..neutralize any harmful bacteria that may be found in certain foods. While dogs and cats do not have to worry too much about the bacteria in raw meat, if YOU are in doubt, you can pour a little Apple Cider Vinegar over thier raw meal.
    Cider vinegar can also be beneficial for symptoms such as tooth decay and splitting of your dog’s toenails, which can be symptoms of potassium deficiency. Potassium is essential for the replacement of worn-out tissues within the body. This mineral is also important to soft tissue repair, as calcium is to the bones and teeth which makes it a wonderful supplement for senior dogs.
    Tests have proven that when potassium, in the form of cider vinegar is fed to livestock their appearance improves and their stamina increases.
    Cider vinegar is thought to be beneficial in the treatment of arthritis, as a supplement added to your pet’s daily water supply (or poured over the food) or with compresses soaked in hot vinegar applied directly to the joints. It is also thought to be helpful when used to treat allergies, osteoporosis, cancer, candida, high cholesterol, constipation, muscle cramps, colitis, diabetes, diarrhea, depression, dizziness, ear discharge, eczema, fatigue, kidney stones, kidney and bladder problems, metabolism, and stiff joints.
    The supplementation of ACV has been known to naturally remove red tear stains from the inside out. It is also used by many to prevent fleas when used in a rinse for the dog’s coat.
    Recently, Dr. Louis Ducarre of Geneva, Switzerland, author of the fairly new book,Natural Cures, Natural Life states that when mixed with honey, apple cider becomes potent enough to cure cancer, heart disease and other deadly ailments .
    Natural apple cider vinegar is found in health food stores. It should be a rich amber color with the “mother” quite visible as sentiment on the bottom. The strength of vinegar is important. All varieties of vinegar contain about 4 to 7 percent acetic acid, with 5 percent being the most common amount. Acetic acid is what gives vinegar its tart and sour taste.
    There is nothing beneficial about commercial distilled vinegars except for pickling, cleaning and disinfection —they have no health value!
    Bragg, Paul and Linda, N.D., Ph.D., “Apple Cider Vinegar, Miracle Health System”, Published Health Science, Santa Barbara, California
    Jarvis, D.C, M.D., D.C. “Folk Medicine”, and“Arthritis and Folk Medicine”, Published Fawcett Publications, Inc., Greenwich, Connecticut
    Puotinen, C.J., “The Encyclopedia of Natural Pet Care” Published Keats Publishing, Inc., New Canaan, Connecticut
    Awesome read. Thank you Sherry!!
    Reply Reply With Quote
    07-07-2013, 03:34 PM #52
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Harvey's Executive Assistant Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harvey Specter
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Vikinggirl View Post
    Vinegar is a natural anti bacterial and anti fungal agent, so it kills odor, bacteria, parasites and helps to heal skin issues.
    @Vikinggirl Does it matter what kind? - apple cider, distilled, rice, wine etc.

I am thinking distilled correct?

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Hi Jumar, if you are using ACV for internal health benefits and putting it in the drinking water or on the kibble then use Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, most people use the Bragg's apple cider vinegar brand, which you can buy at a health food store like Nutrition House or in the Organic section at your grocery store. Here in Canada I buy it at Nutrition House, and it costs $9.99 for a bottle, make sure you put it in the refrigerator after you open it. If you are using vinegar as a rinse agent after bathing your dog, then you don't have to use Organic ACV, as it would be pricey, you can use plain white vinegar that you buy at the grocery store. I add 1 Tbsp of ACV to the drinking water everyday, but if your dog doesn't like the smell or the taste, you can add it to the kibble. When using white vinegar for rinsing mix equal parts of warm water and white vinegar and pour it on your dog after shampooing and rinsing, you can leave this on the skin, and towel dry him, or you can rinse it off.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Bulldog Vet in Training Christie H's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
    Likes (Received)

We bathe ours every two weeks.I also do the vinegar/ water rinse..I swear it works for keeping them fresh and soft.

Real Name
    Samantha
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    June
    Likes (Received)

Only when she has been at the dog park and gets in the mud haha so maybe once every 6 months or so.

My vet was surprised at the lack of bathing i've done because her coat is very nice and clean.

Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chubbs W.C.
    Likes (Received)

So far, about 1/month. Chubbs loves chasing leaves & rolling in the grass/dirt.
    Great idea about the vinegar bath, definitely gonna try it!

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Chris
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I used to have to bathe her in medicated shampoo every 7 days, but we only do it two to three times a year now. As I write this I am sitting next to a freshly bathed bulldog! She still has that wet dog smell, but it's better than what she smelled like earlier!

"Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them and
    filling an emptiness we didn't even know we had."

Potty Trainer Alicia Del Rosario's Avatar
    Real Name
    Alicia
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Yogi
    Likes (Received)

I bathe mine weekly with medicated shampoo. What do you guys do in between to keep them smelling good

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Stigs and Punks get bathed maybe every couple of months or so. Unless they're dirty from playing outside or daycare, then they get bathed that day. We use a vet brand oatmeal and aloe shampoo. For some reason it's the only type that they don't react to. We also do a water and white vinegar rinse. Mainly to control yeast, but also works for keeping bugs at bay.

We do wipe their butts, paws and faces regularly though.
    "I am normally not a praying man, but if you really are up there, please save me Superman!'' - Homer J. Simpson

Potty Trainer Become a 4 Paw Member mackbob's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bob (Bobman)
    Likes (Received)

Ha. Couple times a week. Using really gentle shampoos as well as Zymox conditioner.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads