Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 13

Thread: Finally Fall

  1. #1
    Bully Bootie Duty msericathatcher's Avatar
    Real Name
    erica
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    166
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Red face Finally Fall

    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]It's been a while, we have had a crazy summer-We did a fit of family traveling, hanging with new/old friends and sat on the a/c vent. With all the adventures and wonderful times we had a day unlike any other- Bentley started limping earlier in the day, we assumed he was just playing a bit too crazy. As the day continued he wasn't acting like himself. We decided it was best to take him to the emergency room. After 5 hours Bentley was diagnosed with kyphosis with hemivertabrae (butterfly vertebrae). Bentley is doing okay now! he's walking fairly well, still wants to play & lifting both legs to pee. He has a many regular vet appointment on and has visited the neurologist. He has been in good spirit and a real champion about everything. Though he gets be carried up and down the stairs now, and play a little carefully but he is still our handsome little bulldog. We take every day as a new adventure. Plus live the spoiled bulldog life he is use too <3[/COLOR]-image-jpg

  2. #2
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Posts
    11,226
    Bulldog(s) Names
    7
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2232

    Default Re: Finally Fall

    Awwwwe I'm sorry to hear that, I hope everything is ok for him. Great pic!

  3. #3
    Bulldog Vet in Training g8erjackie's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jackie
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,302
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruckus and Regina
    Likes (Received)
    1041

    Default Re: Finally Fall

    Cute sleepy bulldog picture. I hope he feels better soon!

  4. #4
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,196
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11537

    Default Re: Finally Fall

    What a great picture.... He is very comfy!

    my girl also has butterfly vertebrae, she was diagnosed at, I think, 2 yrs old. It has never stopped her , she is now 9 and still active, however she is on many pain meds to allow the activity. Is your boy on any meds?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  5. #5
    Bully Bootie Duty msericathatcher's Avatar
    Real Name
    erica
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    166
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Finally Fall

    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    What a great picture.... He is very comfy!

    my girl also has butterfly vertebrae, she was diagnosed at, I think, 2 yrs old. It has never stopped her , she is now 9 and still active, however she is on many pain meds to allow the activity. Is your boy on any meds?
    This is what his spine looks like, when I first saw I swear someone ripped my heart out and played soccer with it. They gave him tramadol at the ER (which made hi, sleep 23 hours a day, not eat, not want to play) then the neurologist looked him over sent him to the orthopedic side and they said cyst on his paws was causing the limp then gave him cephalexian carapaquin which the cyst have now healed up with daily Epsom manicure & pedicures which he hates and knows when they are starting. He hasn't seem to have any limping in about a month.... They told us as vets they recommend no playing and rough housing but as a fur parent that seems cruel to him cause he loves to play...we decided to let him play and live his life if something happens we will handle it. He finished all meds and seems like himself. We have a check up date is week ( my regular vet is a bulldog parent of 5 babies)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image-jpg  

  6. #6
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,196
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11537

    Default Re: Finally Fall

    Quote Originally Posted by msericathatcher View Post
    This is what his spine looks like, when I first saw I swear someone ripped my heart out and played soccer with it. They gave him tramadol at the ER (which made hi, sleep 23 hours a day, not eat, not want to play) then the neurologist looked him over sent him to the orthopedic side and they said cyst on his paws was causing the limp then gave him cephalexian carapaquin which the cyst have now healed up with daily Epsom manicure & pedicures which he hates and knows when they are starting. He hasn't seem to have any limping in about a month.... They told us as vets they recommend no playing and rough housing but as a fur parent that seems cruel to him cause he loves to play...we decided to let him play and live his life if something happens we will handle it. He finished all meds and seems like himself. We have a check up date is week ( my regular vet is a bulldog parent of 5 babies)

    Wehave Banks on Gabapetin , Tramadol and Deramaxx.... None of which makes her sleepy. There are videos on her of her running and jumping last month for her birthday
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  7. #7
    Harvey's Executive Assistant Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    harveyspecter's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Yorba Linda (The OC), California
    Posts
    4,896
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harvey Specter
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    3558

    Default Re: Finally Fall

    Good luck to the Bentley man

  8. #8
    Bully Bootie Duty msericathatcher's Avatar
    Real Name
    erica
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    166
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Finally Fall

    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Wehave Banks on Gabapetin , Tramadol and Deramaxx.... None of which makes her sleepy. There are videos on her of her running and jumping last month for her birthday
    You just made my heart smile, and thank you! I will write them down. ❤️

  9. #9
    Bully Bootie Duty msericathatcher's Avatar
    Real Name
    erica
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    166
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Finally Fall

    Quote Originally Posted by harveyspecter View Post
    Good luck to the Bentley man
    Thank you!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by g8erjackie View Post
    Cute sleepy bulldog picture. I hope he feels better soon!
    Thank you! ��

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    Awwwwe I'm sorry to hear that, I hope everything is ok for him. Great pic!

    Thank you ��

  10. #10
    Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    cali baker's Avatar
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Location
    The Crown City (Pasadena)
    Posts
    9,013
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    1479
    Blog Entries
    32

    Default Re: Finally Fall

    Bentley is a sweet heart! I'm sorry about his recent diagnosis but it sounds like you have a very good vet and he's getting good treatment. I wish you guys all the best.




  11. #11
    Bully Bootie Duty msericathatcher's Avatar
    Real Name
    erica
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    166
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Finally Fall

    Quote Originally Posted by cali baker View Post
    Bentley is a sweet heart! I'm sorry about his recent diagnosis but it sounds like you have a very good vet and he's getting good treatment. I wish you guys all the best.


    Thank you! A ton of research and a good vet and getting a hold of my bulldog mom emotions

  12. #12
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ddnene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    12,735
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)
    5595

    Default Re: Finally Fall

    I'm so sorry to hear about Bentley… I hope the he feels better soon!!!

    "What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •