Finally Fall

msericathatcher

Apr 18, 2014
Norfolk, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]It's been a while, we have had a crazy summer-We did a fit of family traveling, hanging with new/old friends and sat on the a/c vent. With all the adventures and wonderful times we had a day unlike any other- Bentley started limping earlier in the day, we assumed he was just playing a bit too crazy. As the day continued he wasn't acting like himself. We decided it was best to take him to the emergency room. After 5 hours Bentley was diagnosed with kyphosis with hemivertabrae (butterfly vertebrae). Bentley is doing okay now! he's walking fairly well, still wants to play & lifting both legs to pee. He has a many regular vet appointment on and has visited the neurologist. He has been in good spirit and a real champion about everything. Though he gets be carried up and down the stairs now, and play a little carefully but he is still our handsome little bulldog. We take every day as a new adventure. Plus live the spoiled bulldog life he is use too <3[/COLOR] image.jpg

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Awwwwe I'm sorry to hear that, I hope everything is ok for him. Great pic!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What a great picture.... He is very comfy!

my girl also has butterfly vertebrae, she was diagnosed at, I think, 2 yrs old. It has never stopped her , she is now 9 and still active, however she is on many pain meds to allow the activity. Is your boy on any meds?

OP
msericathatcher

msericathatcher

Apr 18, 2014
Norfolk, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
What a great picture.... He is very comfy!

my girl also has butterfly vertebrae, she was diagnosed at, I think, 2 yrs old. It has never stopped her , she is now 9 and still active, however she is on many pain meds to allow the activity. Is your boy on any meds?
This is what his spine looks like, when I first saw I swear someone ripped my heart out and played soccer with it. They gave him tramadol at the ER (which made hi, sleep 23 hours a day, not eat, not want to play) then the neurologist looked him over sent him to the orthopedic side and they said cyst on his paws was causing the limp then gave him cephalexian carapaquin which the cyst have now healed up with daily Epsom manicure & pedicures which he hates and knows when they are starting. He hasn't seem to have any limping in about a month.... They told us as vets they recommend no playing and rough housing but as a fur parent that seems cruel to him cause he loves to play...we decided to let him play and live his life if something happens we will handle it. He finished all meds and seems like himself. We have a check up date is week ( my regular vet is a bulldog parent of 5 babies)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 133

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
This is what his spine looks like, when I first saw I swear someone ripped my heart out and played soccer with it. They gave him tramadol at the ER (which made hi, sleep 23 hours a day, not eat, not want to play) then the neurologist looked him over sent him to the orthopedic side and they said cyst on his paws was causing the limp then gave him cephalexian carapaquin which the cyst have now healed up with daily Epsom manicure & pedicures which he hates and knows when they are starting. He hasn't seem to have any limping in about a month.... They told us as vets they recommend no playing and rough housing but as a fur parent that seems cruel to him cause he loves to play...we decided to let him play and live his life if something happens we will handle it. He finished all meds and seems like himself. We have a check up date is week ( my regular vet is a bulldog parent of 5 babies)

Wehave Banks on Gabapetin , Tramadol and Deramaxx.... None of which makes her sleepy. There are videos on her of her running and jumping last month for her birthday :D

OP
msericathatcher

msericathatcher

Apr 18, 2014
Norfolk, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
Wehave Banks on Gabapetin , Tramadol and Deramaxx.... None of which makes her sleepy. There are videos on her of her running and jumping last month for her birthday :D

You just made my heart smile, and thank you! I will write them down. ❤️

OP
msericathatcher

msericathatcher

Apr 18, 2014
Norfolk, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Bentley is a sweet heart! I'm sorry about his recent diagnosis but it sounds like you have a very good vet and he's getting good treatment. I wish you guys all the best. :hug:

OP
msericathatcher

msericathatcher

Apr 18, 2014
Norfolk, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
Bentley is a sweet heart! I'm sorry about his recent diagnosis but it sounds like you have a very good vet and he's getting good treatment. I wish you guys all the best. :hug:

Thank you! A ton of research and a good vet and getting a hold of my bulldog mom emotions :)

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm so sorry to hear about Bentley… I hope the he feels better soon!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online