wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
Since we have got Guinness I have been extending the amount of time he is in his crate at night before I bring him out. when we first got him it was every 2 1/2 hours, then 3, 4, 5 hours without crying or any accidents whatsoever. The past two nights I have slept through the alarm at 5 hours and slept the full 8 hours. When I go downstairs he is still sleeping in his crate and no whining and has had NO accidents. Soon as I bring him outside, boom, goes pee without issue. I only do this at night and not during the day. I still come home to let him out every four hours.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
How great! My girls took forever. Bella still gets up in the middle of the night.

bfletch13

Community Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Jozi, Wales
Good news good news!! Its like a newborn
baby sleeping threw the night.

ILuvHudson

Jan 19, 2011
PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hudson
YAY!!!!!!!!!! I remember the first night Hudson did that. I went running down, scolding myself, thinking I'd have to change his bedding, and there he was, snoring loud as can be. He still wakes up and looks at me like, "Hey, I was sleeping!" (Then after he wakes up he's thrilled to see me.) Congrats!!

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
That's really great! You're doing such a good job with him! I'm embarassed to say: the other night we had a milestone here! Ida, who is notorious for just going in her crate and sleeping with it, actually woof-woofed in the middle of the night to go outside! We were excited. (And we won't talk about the fact that it's taken her nearly 8 months to get there. :eek:)

L

Lucy-licious

I'm impressed with both guiness' and ida's achievements, well done you two xxx

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
I so envy you! Belly is up every 3 hours like clock work

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Yay .... go guiness!!!!

Daddy is almost 6 months and I can say he never poops inside the house now but he still has the occasional pee. Of ALL our dogs of MANY breeds and ages i think he has been probably the slowest to learn. He doesn't seem to ever mind peeing or pooping in his cage, and I always thought dogs were very clean and liked instinctively to have their own sleeping area separate from their toilet area. It was incredibly infuriating because for many months he seemed quite happy to be covered in poop. I don't know if it's because Daddy was a puppy mill rescue and therefore the mother never had the toilet habits to pass on to babies because Mum had to pee and poop where she stood.

Even now .... my keyboard and mouse is broken so I have just come upstairs to use the kids computer and yet my right sock seems slightly damp. I fear that at the bottom of the stairs there may may be a Daddy Puddle :(

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.