brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
So I am going to post this strictly for everyone's entertainment. Brutus does not have a tippy tongue so I have never had experience with this. Frankie has one and sticks it out when he is tired or sleeping. The other night Gary and I were watching tv in bed and Frankie was sleeping on the bed with us. All of a sudden he wakes up and sits up and looks like he is biting the air. So I have heard others here say this could be head tremors, so right away I go off the deep end running around trying to get him cookies, treats, whatever, while I'm yelling for Gary to try to distract him. By the time I got back into the bedroom, he was fine and Gary and Frankie were looking at me like I am completely nuts. Well my sons girlfriend comes over and I tell her what happened and she says "oh that happens to my dog Jake all the time. He has a bad under bite and his tongue sticks out and gets dry so when he wakes up he wets his tongue by licking"! :ashamed: I'm such an idiot!!!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
LMAO!!! I swear these dogs are going to give us heart attacks…

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Actually (don't tell anyone!) I love to kiss Maudie's sleeping dried out tongue!!!!!!:p Don't bother, I've always been weird................;)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
hee hee hee.... we all have these moments!

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
hee hee hee.... we all have these moments!

LOL exactly! that happens to everyone! well ok everyone who's very protective of their babies hehe. And i know no one else who's more protective of their dogs than bulldog owners ;).

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Actually (don't tell anyone!) I love to kiss Maudie's sleeping dried out tongue!!!!!!:p Don't bother, I've always been weird................;)

I think the dried-out tongue when Mabel is sleeping is too funny! But not as funny as when she wakes up and has to remoisten it!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.