Must Share!

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Only fellow bully parents will understand -

So every evening or every other evening we do grooming andthis consists of combing for fleas, medicating nose ropes and ear cleaning, andpaw cleaning and belly cleaning. I keepall their meds and tools in a little basket and when Nigel and Karly see me getit and sit on the floor they both come and stand in front of me ready to begroomed and medicated. Nigel willbulldoze his way to the front of the line lol but they are both so good atletting me do these things even though they donā€™t like some of them theyunderstand because I talk to them and let them know we have to put medicine onthem. Theyā€™re fighting yeast in theirnose ropes and ears ā€“ Nigel has black gunk in one ear and Karly in her noserope. We are using the zymox otic andmalacetic ear for both issues. (ok letme get to the cute joyful part) So last night we do this and Iā€™m trying to givesome lovins so first I lift up Karly and set her paws on my shoulders to givehugs and kisses and when Nigel sees he nudges her to move yea he bulldozed herlol then I lift his paws to my shoulders to give hugs and he just slobbered mewith kisses! Heā€™s never done that so hecaught me off guard and I was pleasantly surprised. He then bends backwards so that I can scratchhis neck and chest ā€“ he loves that. Theother night as weā€™re sleeping he rests his head on my arm and falls asleep andmy heart just swells.
I know my fellow bully parents have had similar instances toshare so please do!
Our bullies are so loving it is true thereā€™s no love likebully love! Oh the joys of being Nigelā€™sMom!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes!!!! I know exactly how this is and it makes me smile so much to hear stories like this!

Buster is fighting the evil yeasties right now around his nose area, poor guy it just will not go away. Experimenting with foods right now but who knows.

Every once in a while Buster will get up in the middle of the night and has to go tinkle so we go outside and then go back to bed, every single time we crawl back in to bed he will lay right next to me and put his neck on top of mine his head on top of my neck and go to sleep , snoring away directly into my ear. I would NEVER change that ever because it makes me feel so good knowing that he feels so safe and secure and snuggly LOL. It makes heart almost explode with love no matter how tired I am.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
He is such a good boy, and loves his mama, and you are so right, bullies are so loving.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Sally, thanku for sharing that story...made me smile big and my heart melted!

Every night while sleeping Finn will get super close to me and curl up in a tight little ball. He presses his body against mine and that's how he sleeps for most of the night. I feel honored that he feels so secure with me and wouldn't trade that for anything!

yulia

Oct 20, 2014
Boulder, CO
Country
Boulder, Colorado, USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Kira
Theyā€™re fighting yeast in theirnose ropes and ears

Disclosure: I currently do not have a bulldog (I will fly to bring ours home on December 3rd), so I do not have a practical experience with my own advice with a bulldog (or a dog for that matter). BUT being an herbalist (and nutritional consultant) and the mother of two, I have a lot of experience battling with yeast/yeast rash. The first thing I would try (or perhaps even use on a regular basis as prevention) is grapefruit seed extract (GSE) topically (ALWAYS DILUTED IN WATER) to battle any skin yeast infections. For a stronger solution add 5 drops of GSE per 1 ounce of water, mix well and use the solution to apply to affected area (or as an ear cleaning solution). For prevention, I would use less concentrated solution, like a couple of drops of GSE per 1 ounce of water. It is a very strong anti-fungal and can be bought in Whole Foods or any other health food store; NutriBiotic is a good brand without any other stuff mixed to it. When I just had my son (my first child) 9 years ago, he battled a severe yeast rash on his butt. NOTHING doctors prescribed would help, it was going on and on for the first three months of his life. Then I tried GSE solution and it cleared the darn thing completely in three days. Hope it helps and good luck :)

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.