Real Name
    Alicia
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Yogi
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Grade 3 Heart Murmur

No I don't have her. I wasn't even looking for a puppy. He contacted me yesterday and said they had found the murmur at a puppy visit. I bought my current EB from this breeder about 10 months ago so he said he thought of me immediately for this girl.

Bully Bootie Duty boo boo butts mom's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    boo boo butt
    Likes (Received)

The amount that he is asking for is obviously the down payment correct? And he is going to write it in a contract that he will refund all money for her if need be due to the heart murmur? And whatever he writes in contracts if he writes them. IMO, I believe since he contacted you out of the clear blue and told you of the heart murmur, then I would tell him of the cost and distance and the vet checks and the what if she has to go back and the amount of that cost as well. And ask that he take that into consideration if things don't turn out good, I mean she would still have to be returned. He sounds like he just wants to make money no matter what but he did tell you about her health issue. I would still ask him because he will either say yes or he will say no. I would leave it at that if he says no but I also am not the one who he is speaking to in regards to that adorable little thing Those little eyes sure are pretty and screaming please come get me lol.

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Susan Moore
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elmo
    Likes (Received)

This Baby is Adorabull. I Hope and Pray that You will get her,you would be the Perfect Mommie for her. I have 8 4 legged babies, if I could I would adopt her in a second.

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Somewhere in the Universe. Wish you were here!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Thank you for caring for this little girl. At some point, you will be rewarded. Many prayer and positive thought to you.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Oh my gosh, that sweet little face.... How can you resist? As far as her current diagnosis goes, she is still very young and could potentially improve. It is really a gamble though, a grade 3 is very borderline as to whether or not it will get better. A grade one or two is most likely an innocent murmur, and will go away. A grade 4 or 5 will likely not go away. So a grade three could go either way. If you do decide to get her, you really want to find out if the grade is true.

An echocardiogram should not be done until she's older, I think around 5 months.

I would try to think of it this way, so you can have a realistic outlook. Many times surgery is not an option, and possible medications daily may be needed. If surgery is an option, you have to make that difficult choice as well because they are high risk surgeries. She may only be given a life expectancy of a couple years, but you can give her the best life she can possibly have.

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Bulldog Walker Become a 4 Paw Member Annie1991's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Punk'N (bg), Lilly (corgi - 09.24.08 - 03.07.13), Missy (mixed), Mickey (rescue bd - RIP 02.13.15)
    Likes (Received)

Hi There! What town is the breeder located? You might check Lone Star Bulldog Rescue if the breeder is located close enough to Fort Worth/Dallas area. I am from East Texas - Longview. I know this is a tough decision for you. Let go and let God take care of it.

Potty Trainer Alicia Del Rosario's Avatar
    Real Name
    Alicia
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Yogi
    Likes (Received)

I am going to try and see if I can find people in the Ok area to help get her closer to Tx so that I can go ahead and get her. I feel it's the right thing to do. Gives me piece of mind anyhow. I have contacted rescue groups and they would assist but if she was to go to them.

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alicia Del Rosario View Post
    I am going to try and see if I can find people in the Ok area to help get her closer to Tx so that I can go ahead and get her. I feel it's the right thing to do. Gives me piece of mind anyhow. I have contacted rescue groups and they would assist but if she was to go to them.

that's so wonderful, Alicia! Now we have to make sure the little doll gets to her new home...

Bulldog Vet in Training Bizzymammabee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Beth
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Raven (2011-2016), Tyson & Bella
    Likes (Received)

I applaud you for wanting to help her. The breeder is really a turd, guess he/she has to make some sort of money. Wish he/she would be humane and just give her to you or someone else willing to take care of her.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Always in my heart and never far from my thoughts. See you at the rainbow bridge my sweet little Monkey. R.I.P. Raven.

Real Name
    Alicia
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Yogi
    Likes (Received)

For those of you that may be wondering what ever happened to this special needs pup.....well the breeder didn't get back to me after all. I arranged transportation to get her to a local bulldog rescue here and even had a dear friend donate money to get her here but he just vanished. I pray she's safe and I thank you for all your concerns and kind words.

Harvey's Executive Assistant Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harvey Specter
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Alicia Del Rosario View Post
    For those of you that may be wondering what ever happened to this special needs pup.....well the breeder didn't get back to me after all. I arranged transportation to get her to a local bulldog rescue here and even had a dear friend donate money to get her here but he just vanished. I pray she's safe and I thank you for all your concerns and kind words.
    I just hoped that he didn't sell to an unsuspecting buyer as a healthy puppy thinking that he'll be long gone by the time the owner figures it out.
    Hug your bully today

Real Name
    Alicia
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Yogi
    Likes (Received)

Yes I hope so too. I begged him not to do that but of course he's obviously not an ethical person. It's so frustrating to know people are willing to do this to animals and people that are well intended

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads