Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Grade 3 Heart Murmur

Quote Originally Posted by Alicia Del Rosario View Post
    Thank you everyone. Not sure the outcome yet. I have emailed the breeder and told him I'd take her off his hands and provide the necessary care for her but could not pay him for her due to large upfront cost for her to have an echo. I also don't want her put to sleep though . Will see what he says. My adult profession has always been to help people as I am a nurse and was EMS for years prior so I guess it's in me to help everyone even the fur babies that can't help themselves
    IMHO you are an angel to even consider doing something like this, I hope and pray it all works out for the good of the little girl.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Thank you everyone. Not sure the outcome yet. I have emailed the breeder and told him I'd take her off his hands and provide the necessary care for her but could not pay him for her due to large upfront cost for her to have an echo. I also don't want her put to sleep though . Will see what he says. My adult profession has always been to help people as I am a nurse and was EMS for years prior so I guess it's in me to help everyone even the fur babies that can't help themselves

Please keep us posted.... sending lots of positive thoughts!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Potty Trainer Alicia Del Rosario's Avatar
    Real Name
    Alicia
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Yogi
    Likes (Received)

Will do. I've emailed the breeder but haven't heard back yet. Hope he does right by her.

Bully Bootie Duty boo boo butts mom's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    boo boo butt
    Likes (Received)

I bought a puppy and within the first 10 hours many issues had come up for her. I contacted the breeder immediately to say what all had happened and she told me it was a hair ball ect. So off to the vet I went only to find out she had a heart murmur of 4. I couldn't believe it, she also had two ear infections and upper respiratory infection. I called the breeder because I actually went with her to her vet as her vet gave her a health certificate for my puppy. Basically she thought I was exaggerating it a lot and told me it was no big deal. So I then took her to two other vets who confirmed what my vet said. Now I had already grown very attached to this puppy because I knew the breeder very well, and had basically watched the little puppy go from being born to time of pick up. I had to end up driving to Novi Michigan to a cardiologist who said it would end up being bad. I then contacted the breeder again showing the two new vets and the cardiologist vet and reports from all. After a very long detailed conversation and proof of where I had gone to verifying this that and the other she then said she would take her back and not one word about helping me out with the vet bills which at that point of only owning her not even on full day and everything else I had to pay for. She told me I need to stop going to vet so much. Her husband agreed with her also. So long story short I said NO! She had a lump that I had to have a biopsy and both her legs had to be exrayed due to know longer being able to walk on them (started off with only one leg and then went to both legs). The breeder always thought of the dollar amount of what she would get for a puppy because of the breed and would have turned right around an sold her to someone else. The problems continued so much that when it came to the thousands of dollars I would have had to spend on her health I did what was best for her and called Detroit bulldog rescue to come get her which at this point she was only 5mths old. They came to get her and was very happy that I could show them proof of what all I had done for her and proof of what would be needing to be done to her also. After 17 yrs of knowing someone I was crushed but it wasn't about me, it was about my EBD puppy. I loved her enough to let her go and to go to a place that would help her and all of her needs. It was difficult but knowing someone who loves this breed as much as I do made me feel so much better. Not saying your puppy would have as many issues that mine did but a cardiologist isn't cheap either. I would ask if I can take a new puppy to my vet and ask the breeder to go with you to get a clearance, at least you would know what you might be getting yourself into and making your decision a lot easier, not sure if you live in the same area or close to the breeder, all they can do is say no! I wish you well in what happens.

Real Name
    Alicia
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Yogi
    Likes (Received)

I'm so very sorry to hear what happened. I guess that's what I'm exactly afraid of! I have spoken to the breeder and he has offered to decrease her price from 450 to 250 and that after I've taken her to a vet and find I don't want to deal with the possible costs, etc that he would take her back and refund the 250. I personally still feel that's a little much given her diagnosis and plus he lives about 12 hours away one way, so I'd have quite a drive there and back. Still not sure what I will do.

Drool Catcher Become a 4 Paw Member tyree213's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gilbert,Scarlet, Tyra, & Kevin
    Likes (Received)

Im sorry im not too familiar with this condition and can not offer any advice, But an ethical breeder is not going to offer you another puppy for a reduced price. Either way hopefully it can be treated.

Real Name
    Alicia
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Yogi
    Likes (Received)

-imageuploadedbytapatalk1414448769-610358-jpghere she is. Sad to look in those little eyes

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

-imageuploadedbytapatalk1414448769-610358-jpghere she is. Sad to look in those little eyes
    she's a beauty!

i hope you'll hear back from the breeder soon. Do let us know.

Real Name
    Alicia
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Yogi
    Likes (Received)

He's responded back. 250 and if I get bad news from the vet he will take her back and give me my money back

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

OMG. She is precious.... $250 should be free, but that isn't bad
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Bully Bootie Duty boo boo butts mom's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    boo boo butt
    Likes (Received)

wouldn't you be responsible also for transporting the puppy back which basically would lower the amount as well. How did you find out she had a heart murmur? Did he tell you? So you don't have the puppy or maybe I missed some of the post. Also if you do have her or still have to go get her (12hrs) is a costly drive first off and then if something is wrong and you decide to give her back then you have yet another 12hr drive or the cost of a transporter to get the puppy back. Look up cardiologist vets in your area and simply ask them how much they charge and get the details about it and tell the breeder what was discussed and the travel amounts and how it is adding up and you feel that is still to much. Plus the initial visit for puppy check to begin with also added to that to find out about heart murmur and puppies health since you go get it. I had to drive almost two hours away for cardiologist visit. I wish you well in your decision. 250.00 isn't much at all.

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

He's responded back. 250 and if I get bad news from the vet he will take her back and give me my money back
    OOPS, sorry, i totally missed that. Hmm...I would've thought he would have given her to you and be very thankful that you're willing to care for her. I know this must be a hard decision for you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads