ruby

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
Thanks everyone only just seen all these replies I haven't been on here for a while and don't seem to be getting notifications

Sharon Mitchel

Sep 5, 2013
Port Townsend, Washington, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Charley, a 5 year old male
Charley has had recurring yeast and bacterial ear infections for about 2 years now. I tried missing link supplement but quit, give him coconut oil and yogurt, and feed him acana grain free, either duck or lamb. After a month or so off drugs, the infections are back.

I read about nuvet but haven't found a retail dealer. Do any of you sell this? If not, where do you buy it? I'd like to try a bottle.

Any other ideas?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sharon Mitchel

Sep 5, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I found the EBN order code and have ordered nuvet. Hoping this works. We're over $300 in vet bills in the last month. This time one round of the ear drops wasn't enough, so we needed a second bottle. I'm getting concerned about drug resistance too. Aargh!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Charley has had recurring yeast and bacterial ear infections for about 2 years now. I tried missing link supplement but quit, give him coconut oil and yogurt, and feed him acana grain free, either duck or lamb. After a month or so off drugs, the infections are back.

I read about nuvet but haven't found a retail dealer. Do any of you sell this? If not, where do you buy it? I'd like to try a bottle.

Any other ideas?

Has your vet ever tested for MRSA?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I found the EBN order code and have ordered nuvet. Hoping this works. We're over $300 in vet bills in the last month. This time one round of the ear drops wasn't enough, so we needed a second bottle. I'm getting concerned about drug resistance too. Aargh!

Sharon, has your vet prescribed panalog for those ears? Or is he/she just having you use ear wash?

You can also try melatonin for humans, it helps with hair loss.

I understand your concern about med resistance, I would be concerned too. My holistic vet likes to treat from outside in whenever possible instead of prescribing pills. For normal ears I use malacetic otic, but if the ears get yucky I use malacetic otic ultra.

Sharon Mitchel

Sep 5, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
We are using Virbac Epi-otic wash twice per day, followed by surolan ointment about 30 minutes later. Surolan is miconazole nitrate, polymixin B sulfate and prednisolone acetate.

One ear is yeasty, the other is bacteria. Even the vet finds this to be odd. I'll look at panalog too. I've seen that here before. Thanks!

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
We use Dasuquin with MSM by Nutramax. We were a little skeptical when the vet recommended it, but I really do think I see the good effects on Ruckus's energy level and agility. And they must taste fantastic because Ruckus is at my feet he moment that bag crinkles....

Dasuquin is what I have used for all my dogs on the recommendation of my vet. I now buy it from Chewy.com because it's a lot cheaper there. I also have started using Fortiflora which is a probiotic. It's the probiotic my vet carries, also way cheaper on Chewy.com.

Members online

No members online now.