teddokun

May 15, 2014
Jakarta, Indonesia
Country
Indonesia
Bulldog(s) Names
Sky (aka Stardust Iron Dome)
Hi all,

Been a while since i last log un. Simply due to work and fact that i am trying all i can for sky.

Here is update photos:
c893d69e01f102c776234ff9c53fadb6.jpg

OP
teddokun

teddokun

May 15, 2014
Jakarta, Indonesia
Country
Indonesia
Bulldog(s) Names
Apology for sending press button too soon. Here are my questions:

1. Is he too skinny? He is just 14weeks old and weigh 8.3 kg. some people said he looks skinny.

2. His stool is not consistent. Most of times they are still loose. Some time it will be firm partly and remaining are loose.

3. Went to vet for 3rd vaccination last monday but vet recommend to postpone the vaccination until stool is firm. Is it normal?

4. I notice this morning he has pimples under the jaw. What is it? What should i do with it?

Thank you all

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
So to answer in order:
1. He doesn't look too skinny to me. He should be eating 1 cup of food 3 times a day.
2. Get him on a good all stages grain free food. This will immediately help with the loose stool. Make sure you remember to do a slow transition with the food. 3/4 cup of old food to 1/4 cup of new for a few days then switch the ratio a little until eventually you only have new food. Don't panic if the first food switch doesn't solve the problem. Some of us here have gone through a few before we found the right one. My guy does great on Merrick grain free buffalo and sweet potato. I believe this is an all stage food. On the home page there is a food rating section. Check it out.
3. It is normal to hold off on shots if something else is going on. Just make sure you don't bring Sky out anywhere until all shots are complete.
4. The pimples are also normal. Using ceramic feeding bowls will help this. Many bullys have a reaction to plastic. Also watch any toys he has that could rub this area. It also could be related to the food he is currently on. My Brutus gets it sometimes. We use Doux pads and that helps it clear up.

Ok, I know this is alot. Just these few change though will make your baby very happy. Welcome to EBN. Sky is very handsome. Ant other questions, just ask away!

OP
teddokun

teddokun

May 15, 2014
Jakarta, Indonesia
Country
Indonesia
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=9370]brutus77[/MENTION]
Thank you!!
1. He was at 1 cup 3 times a day but am reducing to 3/4 cups now. Confused if this is due to food.

2. We tried acana pacifica - but seems like he is allergic to it. Changed to solid gold puppy food lamb - very soft stool. Will have to scout for other food.

3. I do take him out for a walk for 1 or 2 blocks near my home. I do this twice a day, else he will not have exercise. Is this ok?

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
So keep trying a food until he has nice poops. Honestly, I would not walk him outside of the home until he is fully vaccinated. This could be very dangerous for him. If you are leash training, take him for a spin around the back yard for now. I would also go back to a full cup of food 3 times a day until approx. 7months old. Why are you decreasing?

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
I agree with keeping the food at 1 cup three times per day. Puppies need the nutrients and calories. I had on and off issues with Ruckis having loose stool as a puppy, but once I switched him to a grain free food he was much better. You can also give him a little bit of pumpkin (buy the 100% pumpkin puree, with nothing else added) to help firm it up. You can give him a teaspoon and he'll probably just eat it off your finger or you can mix it into his food.

I wouldn't worry so much about the pimples unless they spread. Try duoxo wipes at night to clean the area and wipe his face with a clean towel after he eats and drinks, sometimes that's the cause.

Good luck with him, he's adorable!

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Sky looks great to me and it is too soon to worry about weight. As far as the rest of your questions agree with [MENTION=9370]brutus77[/MENTION] and [MENTION=7373]g8erjackie[/MENTION] above.

OP
teddokun

teddokun

May 15, 2014
Jakarta, Indonesia
Country
Indonesia
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=9370]brutus77[/MENTION]
I decreased the food as some of member here recommended me to reduce the food, as it may be the reason for the soft stool.......

I have picture of the stool, but not sure if it will be too rude to show here.......

OP
teddokun

teddokun

May 15, 2014
Jakarta, Indonesia
Country
Indonesia
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=7373]g8erjackie[/MENTION]
Thanks. Back to 1 cup three times a day.
You mentioned about grain free food. Any sample of product that i can try?
On pumpkin - can i steam pumpkin and give it to him slightly every meal?

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
I would reduce food - every brand requires different amount of feeding -and this might be the case that you are overfeeding him x
Give it few days , make sure your pup does not have anything else with it to eliminate any stomach upsets too
X
When was he wormed last?
Lilly was on 3/4 cup 3 times a day -as this was her food set feeding requirement x when we upped her food she got runny poop

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
I would reduce food - every brand requires different amount of feeding -and this might be the case that you are overfeeding him x
Give it few days , make sure your pup does not have anything else with it to eliminate any stomach upsets too
X
When was he wormed last?
Lilly was on 3/4 cup 3 times a day -as this was her food set feeding requirement x when we upped her food she got runny poop

Agreed, i would reduce food too as Acana is very rich. And pups have different daily amount of food intake. And he looks great, atleast to me he is. Try other Acana grain free formula and hope it works for your pup. Soft stool can also be a sign of stress or it might be the after effect of vaccines.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
He looks good to me, you don't want a fat bully. Most of the time soft poop means too much food, try cutting back for a few days to see if that helps.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
He really looks great, I know we've been in touch and you have tried all my suggestions, so at this point slowly changing to a different food is probably the next step.

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
@g8erjackie
Thanks. Back to 1 cup three times a day.
You mentioned about grain free food. Any sample of product that i can try?
On pumpkin - can i steam pumpkin and give it to him slightly every meal?

I just realized you are in Indonesia so you might not have access to the same foods. I feed Ruckus the Fromm brand. He loves 3 grain free versions, Lamb & lentils, surf & turf, and beef frittata.

I think ink steaming pumpkin will be the same thing.....right? Anyone else can weigh in?

Halibee

Aug 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella
We use Taste of the Wild for our Stella. She had a bad reaction to the Acana. Every dog is different and we went through 4 different foods for her. She also gets the pimples on her chin, but they come and go, sometimes it depends on how wet her muzzle gets.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.