Bulldog with a cold

CharLoco

Jul 5, 2014
Country
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Loco
Any suggestions on what I can do to help? He's 7 months old and within last couple of days he's sneezing as soon as he gets on grass and now has big bits a snot coming out his nose!

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
If the discharge is green he really needs to see the vet as an infection is already setting in. If it is clear it is most likely allergies and you can give him benadryl. 1mg per pound of weight.

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
I agree. If the snot is even a little green or thick go to the vet. Ruckus had a nasty reaction to one of his vaccines and wound up with pneumonia when he was a puppy. Catching it early made a difference.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I agree with Todd and Jackie, great advice. It sounds like it could be allergies because you mentioned Loco is sneezing as soon as he gets on the grass. If the sneezing and nose discharge is caused by allergies, Benadryl will help, as well as wiping his paws when he comes from the outside. His discharge from his nose should be clear or a little yellow, but not green, as green is a sign of an Infection as well as an odor. Other signs of allergies to look for are licking of paws, itchiness, goopy eyes, hives, chin acne, pink skin and pink ears. If it is seasonal allergies, the symptoms will get better when the colder weather comes. If his symptoms are a cold, his discharge from his nose or eyes is thick, green, and smelly, or he seems to be congested, or if he has a fever, then he needs to see a vet for medication, a cold can quickly turn into pneumonia. You can also try putting him in the bathroom with the door shut, and turn on the hot water until the bathroom fills up,with steam and let him breathe the steam in. I hope he's feeling better soon, and it's nothing serious.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
If the discharge is green he really needs to see the vet as an infection is already setting in. If it is clear it is most likely allergies and you can give him benadryl. 1mg per pound of weight.

Agreed....

OP
C

CharLoco

Jul 5, 2014
Country
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Loco
I totally forgot I posted this until I came to look at new posts so thanks all for your advice. Viking girl you are spot on it seems he has something as it was green and thick and he's pink in all his white areas we give him Benadryl but pinkness seems to come and go. Every morning he wakes up with a huge amount of eye bogie infant after every long nap he has this wonder if it's connected..his yeast and redness the vets are trying to rule out mites, will have to do an allergy test I think

Thanks again

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.