brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
So Brutus started coughing Wednesday night. I started him on plain Robitussin and called the Vet. Well his lungs are clear thak god, but he has tonsilitis! WHAT? Who has ever heard of a dog getting this? He is on antibiotic and the Vet said I caught it right away, so he should be good to go soon. I swear the Vet smiles every time he sees my number on caller id. Ugh!

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
That's crazy, I've never heard of a dog getting tonsillitis.
One of my co-workers said something similar to you about finances... she owns half the building of her vet!

Vinny Duong

Oct 20, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Patrick
My puppy started coughing last weekend, and on Monday he got prescribed Clamamox. He's still coughing, we're going to bring him back in. Maybe he has tonsillitis too.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I had a dog shaggy dog mixed breed who had tonsilitis. Yes, they can get tonsilitis. Oh yes a vet I had, who is now retired-remodeled his whole office-thanks to me $!!!!!!
Hope Frankie is well very soon. [MENTION=9370]brutus77[/MENTION]

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Tonsillitis is just an inflammation of the tonsils ( due to infection, allergies, etc.) and not uncommon in bulldogs.

Blue has his removed when he had his palate surgery. They were also inflamed and contributed to airflow obstruction.

I'm glad to hear it's not serious, and with antibiotics, Brutus will be back to normal in no time. Give him a hug from me!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
it is not too common, but I have heard of it

luvmybully

May 19, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
The special dog boutique loves me!! I've spent a butt load there, between all the harnesses and leashes! I should be part owner!! Tucker breaks his harness every 2-3 months, he either gets a hold of it and chews the clip, or he pulls the material and the clasp breaks!! So I know your pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I never knew, I think our vet does the same when she sees my caller id too :mellow: I think we funded their last 2 Christmas parties.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I have never heard of this for dogs... Good grief!!! Tonsillitis is constant, my son had it for years till he had his tonsils removed. Hope he feels better soon...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Never heard of that...but good to know in case I ever run into unexplained congestion!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Well, my vet is an ***, so you're lucky…..

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
One day, I need to scan and post my receipts from the "Animal Medical Center" here, it's a veterinary hospital. I know for a fact that I've helped fund some of their research.

Then again, it could be a deterrent for those thinking of adopting.. hmm..

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
My vet once said to me that they call bulldogs cash cows in his practice -i changed the vet x

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.