My Vet is a millionaire!! lol

minibull

Sep 4, 2014
Midwestern USA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Buttercup
Actually is really hard for vets to make money these days. Running a practice is so expensive and many owners do not want to pay for treatments. Basic preventive care, which is what many non-bulldogs need, doesn't make the vet much money. I like our vet a lot and would like for her to be well compensated for all she does to help Buttercup's health. She is very knowledgeable and takes time to thoroughly examine the dog to make the right diagnosis and treatment. The amount of education and study they have to do in addition to taking vet school loans before they can start working is also incredible.

How much money do folks here spend on vet bills each year? We just got Buttercup 2 months ago and have already been to the vet 5 times for both routine care, acute issues, and necessary follow-ups. She recently had a severe allergic reaction and what appeared to be a partial seizure a few days later. I found out I can save money on some of the medicated products, but otherwise I foresee many years (I hope!) of paying for veterinary services. Next big expense is the spay surgery. Shelter here will do it for $70. The vet charges many times that amount but at least includes laser surgery and what sounds like closer monitoring(?).

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Im thankful for the insurence -first year of Shy life she raked up £5690 in vet bills
Lilly -she missed on insurance due to her papers arriving late so shes not covered for few things in first year £1100 -and this was mainly for one thing -so yes in my opinion -owning pet can be very expensive - vet treatments and aftercare when something isnt done the way it should is cost full too
I do not count flea/worming treatments and vaccinations as i order them myself and do vaccinations at the vet

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Actually is really hard for vets to make money these days. Running a practice is so expensive and many owners do not want to pay for treatments. Basic preventive care, which is what many non-bulldogs need, doesn't make the vet much money. I like our vet a lot and would like for her to be well compensated for all she does to help Buttercup's health. She is very knowledgeable and takes time to thoroughly examine the dog to make the right diagnosis and treatment. The amount of education and study they have to do in addition to taking vet school loans before they can start working is also incredible.

How much money do folks here spend on vet bills each year? We just got Buttercup 2 months ago and have already been to the vet 5 times for both routine care, acute issues, and necessary follow-ups. She recently had a severe allergic reaction and what appeared to be a partial seizure a few days later. I found out I can save money on some of the medicated products, but otherwise I foresee many years (I hope!) of paying for veterinary services. Next big expense is the spay surgery. Shelter here will do it for $70. The vet charges many times that amount but at least includes laser surgery and what sounds like closer monitoring(?).
Our switch resulted in a vet that too cares. She explains and discusses treatments then asks if we have any questions and takes the the time to answer our questions. She is wonderful.

msericathatcher

Apr 18, 2014
Norfolk, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
I literally laughed out loud reading this...every time I run into a bulldog parent .... The vet bill convo always comes up and we just laugh cause it's like oh this happen and boom huge bill later....always!

Members online

No members online now.