ImmuneIQ

Vinny Duong

Oct 20, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Patrick
Has anyone tried this dog allergy home test kit? I purchased one off of groupon and was wondering if anyone has any experience with it.

Will update my post when I get it and with the results:
Purchased: 10/20/14
Shipped: 10/27/14

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I didn't even know they had one, what city are you in?

OP
V

Vinny Duong

Oct 20, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Patrick
I'm in Minneapolis. I don't think the groupon deal would matter which city you live in since they have to send you the kit in the mail. I've searched for reviews..they're always mixed, some say it's a scam others say it was spot on. I thought for $47 why not give it a try.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
yeah I dunno. Allergy testing is either done by skin scraping or blood work. They're asking for fur and a mouth swab. Sounds like a DNA test..lol

But yeah, for 40 bucks why not?

I had the blood one done and since I know what he's allergic too, I may try this just for sh**s and giggles..

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
If you search the web you will find all kinda of mixed reviews on them. It may give you an idea but as they only code things red, yellow or green it doesn't tell you much as some foodand other allergens have been listed in all 3 categories on some peoples reports.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
very interested in your results..... have not heard of it before

OP
V

Vinny Duong

Oct 20, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Patrick
They just sent my kit in the mail...7days later

OP
V

Vinny Duong

Oct 20, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Patrick
So we finally sent our test in and got our results back in about a week. It took us awhile to comb enough hair off of Patrick to fill the little baggy. I think this test result is pretty accurate. We noticed Patrick was itching more and had red eyes after we started feeding him Fromm Pork & Peas. Two things he's allergic to!

Not sure what to do about Yogurt, since we feed him a tsp. of greek yogurt every morning. There's also some disclaimer pages, if you guys want me to screenshot those I will and post'em.

patrick_allergy_1.pngpatrick_allergy_2.pngpatrick_allergy_3.pngpatrick_allergy_4.pngpatrick_allergy_5.png

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Very interesting read. I can see this as a baseline but would love to know their full testing process.

OP
V

Vinny Duong

Oct 20, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Patrick
I just added the disclaimer pages. It would be nice to know their process

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Thanks for posting this.

My thoughts- there's been complaints against them, and they won't disclose how they test so I can't take them seriously.
What upsets me though, is they can say anything they want, and they know damn well that you can't prove, or disprove their results since there's no way to test food allergies.
Even their disclaimer absolves them of all responsibility for providing accurate results.

When you get an allergy test done by a vet, and sent to a reputable lab, your vet will tell you that testing for food is futile, and if you insist, the lab results have disclaimers that say something like "the gold standard for food allergies is an elimination diet."

So please take these results with a grain of salt.

OP
V

Vinny Duong

Oct 20, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Patrick
Agreed @blueberry's Mom.

For me, i think its a good starting point for me and my young pup as this is my first bulldog. And for what I paid on the groupon/livingsocial deal it was worth it to get some information.

If this test is true, what is another good source of probiotic other than yogurt?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online